Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
...do they still have dial up or you out in the country ???
I am out in the sticks ... great most of the time, but not when it comes to broadband!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2010, 09:26 PM
I am sure it has its advantages .
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 09:37 PM
There was a chap on here a few months ago who had two PP dogs - I don't think he's a member now. I was very interested as one was a Malinois and we chatted a lot on PM about them and the company he got them from - think it was the one you mentioned Moobli.

The point about PP dogs is that yes the can bite if needed, but are trained really to react to any threat to the owner and defer an attack, preferably without causing injury.

Many famous people have PP dogs, you only have to look on that site to see a lot of testimonials, some from public figures. Many large establishments, stadiums and events have kennels especially for PP dogs belonging to visiting VIPs.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 09:50 PM
What do people think about pp dogs ?? or pre trained dogs ..
Do these dogs continue being trained after you home them..?
Was watching a TV show and the owner had 2 that were taught commands in German ...
Sorry but that reminds me of that "Columbo" episode where the murderer had the 2 Dobes that were trained to kill when a certain word was mentioned.........
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Rosebud....
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Rosebud....
That episode was so cool
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2010, 10:07 PM
My friend made his rott bark by saying rosebud .lol
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
There was a chap on here a few months ago who had two PP dogs - I don't think he's a member now. I was very interested as one was a Malinois and we chatted a lot on PM about them and the company he got them from - think it was the one you mentioned Moobli.

The point about PP dogs is that yes the can bite if needed, but are trained really to react to any threat to the owner and defer an attack, preferably without causing injury.

Many famous people have PP dogs, you only have to look on that site to see a lot of testimonials, some from public figures. Many large establishments, stadiums and events have kennels especially for PP dogs belonging to visiting VIPs.
Was that "woofwoofburp"? - shame he has disappeared, as I was really interested in his dogs and their training etc.

There is a testimonial from Nigel Mansell on the A1K9 site, and it was reported that he paid £15,000 for his pp dog.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Was that "woofwoofburp"? - shame he has disappeared, as I was really interested in his dogs and their training etc.
Yes it was, and I was really interested and loved chatting to him. I learnt quite a bit from him about owning PP dogs. I have a suspicion about who he might have been, he was certainly someone in the public eye who didn't want to be known. His dogs were gorgeous!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I think for many people its benifical, I reckon the dogs probably enjoy it too! Certainly all seem trained with lots of drive type stuff.

RE sending away, I can see the point. Most owners arnt trainers, its probably better for the dog to have a proffesional train it than an amatur have a go!

Adam
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »