View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I wasn't sure actually - but I think it's preposterous if we are having to pay for it, especially with all those cut backs!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Are we the taxpayer paying for it? Or do they shell out for it themselves?
Well to be honest, I dont care who pays for it, its about time the country had something to smile about and give them something to look forward to.

And from the reaction on TV (and here) this morning, this wedding will do it!

Good luck to them for the future!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Well to be honest, I dont care who pays for it, its about time the country had something to smile about and give them something to look forward to.

That's the way I am looking at it too, we need something good for a change and good luck to them I say.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 02:40 PM
I wasn't sure actually - but I think it's preposterous if we are having to pay for it, especially with all those cut backs!!
to be honest, i'd rather pay for this, than a lot of the things we're paying for, 7 bedroom houses in central london for asylum seekers spring to mind, good luck to them as Jackbox said its about time this country had something to smile about
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-11-2010, 02:48 PM

This country has a lot to be proud of, and I don't know about anyone else but I don't need some 'celebrity' wedding to make me smile or give me something to 'look forward to'. And I certainly don't wish to fund their extravagance when so many people are finding themselves in poverty!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
to be honest, i'd rather pay for this, than a lot of the things we're paying for, 7 bedroom houses in central london for asylum seekers spring to mind, good luck to them as Jackbox said its about time this country had something to smile about
I'd rather pay for neither

Like I said to JB - we have plenty to smile about. I love how the UK is one of the most progressive countries in the world. I love how we set a good example to other countries on a number of different levels. I love how our scientists are working with the Hadron collider. We're not perfect but we certainly have a lot to be proud of.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 02:53 PM

What a lovely post!

(are you feeling alright? ;O)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-11-2010, 02:58 PM
This country has a lot to be proud of, and I don't know about anyone else but I don't need some 'celebrity' wedding to make me smile or give me something to 'look forward to'. And I certainly don't wish to fund their extravagance when so many people are finding themselves in poverty!
Thats fine Azz, you can go and be a Mr Scrooge and sit on your own and call it all humbug if you like

The Country needs to have somethignt o look forward to.

And as much as you may not like it, the Country on a whole will be looking forward to watching his wedding.

Unless ofcause they are still sitting at home shouting the injustice of it all, spending tax payers money on "celebraties" which by the way "Prince William " is not, he is second in line to the throne of England.

Lets wait and see Azz, the reaction to this royal wedding, I think, you will find you will be in a minority, as most of the us living in midst of doom and gloom (thats all we ever hear anymore) will be uplifted by a somehting "nice" for a change.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
What a lovely post!

(are you feeling alright? ;O)
TUT! TUT!!

Told you , it was uplifting
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 03:00 PM

Well said Azz!
I have something to look forwards to, don't need a 'celebrity' wedding that they can waste money on!
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »