View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 10:02 PM
if I can only pick one thing, how amazing my dog is with my kids.

I love to see him check baby is ok when she cries, I love it when he goes in my boys bedroom if he is staying overnight at grannies.

I love it when he comes over for a sneaky cuddle once the kids are in bed
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
if I can only pick one thing, how amazing my dog is with my kids.

I love to see him check baby is ok when she cries, I love it when he goes in my boys bedroom if he is staying overnight at grannies.

I love it when he comes over for a sneaky cuddle once the kids are in bed
My Aunts OES used to be like that with me
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Flint- He is so sweet, calm and loyal. His face and reaction when the word 'walkies' is mentioned and his cuddles are the best!

Simba- Hes not all there bless him, our special lil spaz as he is fondly known Hes such a lovely fella, makes a friend out of anyone, and loves cuddles in bed when daddys gone to work!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Lovely thread

Beau - he is such an independant boy so it means a lot when he initiates affection (me grabbing him and forcing hugs does not count ). Every morning I get him running at me with his big smiley face and then he has to lean on me until I make his breakfast. It makes mornings more bearable.

Lula - It has to be her eyes, she is the most gentle dog I have ever had and that just pours out of her eyes.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 10:54 PM
What a nice thread !

I love how Tom puts his sad puppy dogs eyes on when he wants up on the sofa for a snuggle and Bella is another one who likes to snuggle in in the morning on our bed !
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Some lovely stories on here!
Otis - I love the way that when I come in from work, he runs off and comes back with my shoe, or one of his toys and gives it to me!
Bess - she always comes to comfort me when I'm upset. She instinctively knows!
Danny - always turns to face me when I'm lying on the couch with him and puts his front paws around my neck
Jenny - I love the way she grunts when she's content! I also love the way she says "mama"!!
Guinness - I'm still getting to know him but I love it when he nibbles my chin when I come home from work!!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 11:09 PM
His sense of humour. He's hilarious and he damn well knows it! He knows what generally makes people laugh and will go out of his way to do it. We were probably the worst pair in our obedience class due to his love of an audience. Sit stays in the begging position, heelwork on his hind legs, down stays on his back woo wooing his heart out. Course people laughed so he did it time and time again.
jem fong
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2010, 10:14 AM
This is such a good thread! perfect to cheer me up at work.

Nacho:
My lil man, there are so many crazy things he does, i love the way he jumps in front of the TV and wont move until u take him to the toilet! He loves it when you say "bogies!" and just wiggles like crazy and gives kisses. When he makes me chase him when he's naughty, I forget what he did n just end up playing. When I say something to him he grumbles back.

Yogi:
The Baby, well only 16 wks but so much character. I love the way he totally relaxes the minute I pic him up, then when I put him back down again he just sits at my feet looking up at me. When Nacho takes all the toys away one by one he eventually gets fed up and goes at him like a bear and gives it all he's got.

and the time...... is when they are asleep! it is great

Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Lovely thread, really nice to hear all the special little personalities quirks you love

With Axel, it's really hard to narrow it down to one! So I'd have to go with 2:

1: He's really funny - and doesn't even know it! He does the daftest things sometimes but has a heart of gold.
2: The way he lies there looking like he's not bothered, but the moment you call his name he leaps into action and comes over for a cuddle as though you've just made his year! He'll stand for ages moaning and groaning while his ears are rubbed and his head gets lower and lower! Soppy lad!

Keep the love-fest going, what a lovely cheer up on this miserably cold day!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Lovely thread, really nice to hear all the special little personalities quirks you love

With Axel, it's really hard to narrow it down to one! So I'd have to go with 2:

1: He's really funny - and doesn't even know it! He does the daftest things sometimes but has a heart of gold.
2: The way he lies there looking like he's not bothered, but the moment you call his name he leaps into action and comes over for a cuddle as though you've just made his year! He'll stand for ages moaning and groaning while his ears are rubbed and his head gets lower and lower! Soppy lad!

Keep the love-fest going, what a lovely cheer up on this miserably cold day!
You didnt have to have just one thing - put everything!!

I love reading things like this, like I found out that someone else on here (cant rememebr the name or post) has a dog who will run and get a toy when they get in like Sadie does and that Louie isnt the only one to love kisses

I didnt mean just one thing, I just thought that maybe some owners only had one favourite thing about their dog, just like I only have one about Benjie because he's not mine he's my OH's and he doesnt really like me that much - it's mutual (mutual love really )
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >