View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
blackbird
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:42 AM
I use Acana, together with one of the wets such as Naturediet, Natures Menu, Nature Harvest or Arden Grange Partners.

Differences I've noticed are firmer, darker stools and a gleaming coat.

I also use Arden Grange White Fish & Potato Sensitive, which is grain-free and a brilliant food.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 02:24 PM
I changed my dog to Orijen and she no longer has recurring digestive problems.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
I changed my dog to Orijen and she no longer has recurring digestive problems.
Thats the problem i have with duke (gsd) he keeps getting diarrhoea on and off. What were you feeding before?
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
I use Acana, together with one of the wets such as Naturediet, Natures Menu, Nature Harvest or Arden Grange Partners.

Differences I've noticed are firmer, darker stools and a gleaming coat.

I also use Arden Grange White Fish & Potato Sensitive, which is grain-free and a brilliant food.
My dogs on the normal arden grange, might try them on the sensitive
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 02:45 PM
She came to me as a puppy on Eukanuba which I fed for a few months and then Burns.

When I changed to Orijen I opted for the 6 Fish variety because I had a feeling that she was sensitive to chicken. So you may wish to try a fish-based food if you haven't yet.

We used to be regular visitors to the vet with tummy upsets which were difficult to clear up. But the fish really suits her. And although it is more expensive you feed much less.
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by snoop_the_seal View Post
The main reason I know of why people use grain free is due to grain allergies and prevention of seizures
Hi, Sorry this quote just caught my eye. Does feeding grain free really help to prevent seizures? Lilly has these a a couple of times a year (touch Wood) and I would do anythin to help prevent the. I was about to start her on Omega 3 oil but if there is evidence this could help too I'd be over the moon
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 03:13 PM
i went over to orijen from proplan sensitive (coat wasnt as shiny as it used to be and i figured it might eb the maize?)

for the first couple of weeks on the orijen red he gained muscle definition and weight but then started to look a bit too slinky and his poop was quite runny switched him to the fish version and his poop is much better now.

It was suggested i may have been giving him too much (he was 38.9kg and looked perfect and i was giving him 400gms a day) i cut it to 350 then 320 but poop was the same and he had dropped to 37.1kg so changed it to the fish (as his proplan was fish based). weight has gone up a bit but not as much as i would like.

So for my boy i havent found that you feed that much less than say proplan. hes back on 400gms (200gms for breakfast then 200gms plus 2 sachets of fish4 dogs salmon mousse for tea- i got the buy one box get one free offer ) or something raw like a chicken quarter for one of his meals.

he will be monitored closely
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
I've changed Dahlia's food numerous times, from Iams Lamb and rice to Blue Buffalo fish and sweet potato to Taste of the Wild Pacific stream (grain-free). I saw a huge difference in her coat between the Iams and BB. It was much shinier and she didn't shed as much. And I saw a slight difference in her coat and a huge difference in her poop (smaller and firmer) when I went grain-free. Plus she LOVED the food, so much more so than the others.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 03:57 PM
hi

i feed allsorts lol... two are on grain free kibble and raw,the rest are on the same kibble(with grains) they have been on their whole life.(and a touch of raw)
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi

i feed allsorts lol... two are on grain free kibble and raw,the rest are on the same kibble(with grains) they have been on their whole life.(and a touch of raw)
hi, do you feed 2 grain free because of allergies or any other reason?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >