View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Max was left in a bedroom when young because of the cats beating him up once he learnt the cats were in charge he had the run of the house with the cats.

Ollie has the run of the house too he rarely goes upstairs. When he was a pup he use too like laying in the downstairs cloakroom it is really cool in there. He is too big now.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:50 PM
As the kitchen is fairly large, they stay in there, behind the dog gate that seperates kitchen to hallway. They have their own bit under the bench with a roll of vetbed and various toys. If they were left the run of the place, I would come home to mayhem and destruction!!
They are allowed out when people are at home though!!
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Dutch has run of the house, although he will usually just stay on the settee and sleep the whole time!
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Vito gets the hall, he used to get the living room too, til he dug up my sofa!
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2010, 06:14 PM
My boy comes with me when I go out. He's never left on his own. The only place he will stay for 20 minutes without kicking up a fuss is in the car.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Tilly can go anywhere but she stays in the hall, either in her bed or on the window ledge or the bendy bit on the stairs!
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2010, 07:03 PM
The mob are in the kitchen when I am out, no cages, two moulded bed, toy box full of stuff (and a kitchen table to raid should they feel the need - which they do quite frequently).

They can't have more of a free run because (a) there is no porch and they would be out the front door as soon as I opened it to come back in the house and (b) the Feline Terrorists who live upstairs like to come down and range round the rest of the house whilst I am out. Unfortunately one of the dogs is convinced that the cats are a moving snack and the puppy can not only jump over baby gates (yes at just 18 weeks old - little mare) but is still small enough to squeeze through the bannister and get upstairs - where she is not safe from the older female cat who is non too tolerant.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 07:05 PM
The run of the house. except for the lounge
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 07:10 PM
There's usually someone in here most of the time, but they are able to be left alone quite happily. They just sleep on the beds usually, I think, as when I someone gets in, they emerge from the bedrooms with a big stretch and yawn! They are pleased to see us though.

Both mine have the run of the house though when nobody is home.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Depends how long I'm gone for. If I'm popping out for less than hour or so, I'll leave them with run of the downstairs. If they have to be left more than an hour they get shut in the kitchen, just to be safe.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >