View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Thank you for the thoughts and kind words.

It is just an awful mess. The three in other car are injured too, although not life threatening. My husbands aunt who was in the back seat has cracked vertabrae and broken legs.

MIL is a widow and the death of her best friend is too much for her to take, she obviously blames herself.
i wonder if she will ever be able to go back to "normal" or if this is it for her.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 12:05 PM
So very tragic.. Your MIL will no doubt be devastated... hope she will be okay and condolensces to her friend's family too... xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this. As has been said, mistakes do happen - it's part of life - but they don't normally end so tragically. I feel deparately for your MIL, she must be racked with guilt and grief and then the worry of being prosecuted. She obviously has a very supportive family though and I hope that will be a help for her.xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm so sorry, your mil must be so guilt ridden and as Steph said, she will need some kind of counselling coz I doubt whether she will ever be able to forgive herself otherwise. How can somebody possibly live with this for the rest of their life, it just doesn't seem bearable to me, I'm so, so sorry for her. I expect you're finding it hard trying to find the right words to say to her, what CAN You say, it's all such a mess isn't it, the poor woman. All the very best to her, but see if you can find out how to help her with some councelling and I'm sure she'll be let off pretty lightly in the courts, afterall, she's not a hooligan is she, you just tend to do such stupid things when you get older, there but for the Grace of God and all that! Good luck.xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Tragic...... so sorry x
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 11:35 PM
So sorry! I dont know what to say apart from I feel for all involved, Hoe heart breaking
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 06:56 AM
What a terrible thing to happen for all involved. Such a tragedy and I hope your MIL finds the strength to get her through the coming months. Must be awful for you and your husband. Big hugs to you all xx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks again for your kind thoughts it means a lot.
My OH is with her but it happened in Scotland to make matters worse, as we are in Beds, she lives in outer London. He can stay a week with her but then will have to come back home, then we have to find a way of getting her back down this end and caring for her.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 07:32 AM
I am so sorry, it was a stupid accident. I hope your MIL recovers and manages to somehow come to terms with it.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Thanks again for your kind thoughts it means a lot.
My OH is with her but it happened in Scotland to make matters worse, as we are in Beds, she lives in outer London. He can stay a week with her but then will have to come back home, then we have to find a way of getting her back down this end and caring for her.
Where abouts in Scotland HM - I'm just wondering if there is any way I can help?

When I hear things like this, I always think 'there but for the grace...' Everybody has momentary lapses of concentration at some points in their lives but most get away with it. I feel so sorry for your MIL and all the others involved and I really hope that your MIL can find a way to get through this.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »