View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 11:06 PM
stupid woman, this isnt your fault, but to be fair i wouldnt wait till this happened again, id report her now, and if it happened again, id be inclined to call the police infront of her again and just report every single incident, now its clear that rocky needs an owner who can look after him properly and keep him under control which clearly his present owner cannot or will not do
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
dont let her upset you, just put it aside and forget about her,

if she does it again, inform her that she will be getting another visit from the police, but not about her dogs behaviour but about hers....she has no right to threaten and intimidate you in a park.
Good one.

Its nowhere near your fault, & you are being responsible.

All she has to do is keep the dog on a lead.

if he keeps attacking other dogs, one of them may have to be pts before long
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
dont let her upset you, just put it aside and forget about her,

if she does it again, inform her that she will be getting another visit from the police, but not about her dogs behaviour but about hers....she has no right to threaten and intimidate you in a park.
Totally agree with Shona.

Hugs, Lauren....... some people shouldn't be allowed dogs...

x0x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 06:52 AM
I suspect that this woman may be in denial about Rocky's behaviour - this can happen with owners of aggressive dogs. It's crazy though that she's had a police visit and is STILL keeping her dog off lead. She will be the one who ends up being the cause of her dog being put to sleep, at the end of the day, not anyone else. She has no right to blame you or indeed, anyone!

Is Rocky an amenable dog with people? If you are totally sure he is, you could try taking his collar and walking him back to his owner BUT only do this is you are absolutely sure he will not take a chunk out of you. Take care of your own safety at all times.

I would hate to have this owner and dog around - it must be very intimidating. You are doing the right thing. Stand firm and don't let her get to you - someone else said it right, she is just a bully.

Wys
x
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Ok hon, this issue is not your fault. It is the owner of Rocky who is at fault here...not you.

As for confrontation, I hate it too, but if you stay at a level of calmness she has no way to escalate things. It's not easy but if you can keep your head and keep your voice at a normal level eventually she will run out of steam and realise she's making an idiot of herself. Take the higher ground with her and don't stoop to her level.

Trust me, it's really difficult to do that and it's so easy to get into a screaming match but if you keep at a normal level you know that you have in no way instigated anything and any witnesses will see you being calm and collected and her screaming at you.

I hope you are okay hon, and that Oscar is okay. Don't let her get to you pet okay
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2010, 09:27 AM
you were totally in the right. I can't stand it when people will not take responsibility for their dogs. if they are unfriendly keep them on a lead - simple eh? Can I ask what breed is Rocky?

I don't know if anyone remembers me saying but about a year ago Missy got attached by two Staff types who are frequently running off lead with no collar where I live. I confornted the owner who basically just laughed at me. I found out that one of them CHASED a poor woman who had to lock herself in the bin shed for 20 minutes until the dog lost interest. it was snapping and snarling at her through the gaps in the wall! These owners should be put away...
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Can you get the other walkers phone numbers & arrange to meet at a more presice time, or get someone to walk with you, (or better still pretend they're not with you) & if/when this happens again they can step in & call the cops & maybe have a rope loop lead to restrain the dog & hold it untill the cops/dog warden comes. (The owner will be screaming for her dog back & not to call cops but she's had enough warnings by now i guess) She deserves to have the dog taken away & given to someone that can train /look after it!

Owners like this should never have animals.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I think it is called "projection"-the way that this type of owner can never take responsibility for their dog's actions so they have to blame it on you instead.

I too hate confrontation but have been in similar situations many times and turn into the incredible hulk when my dogs are attacked or threatened by aggressive dogs that should be leashed. The owner will always say something about you or your dog is to blame and not their dog's behaviour. Try not to take it personally and carry a pet corrector or noise alarm so you can stop this dog approaching yours again.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 07:32 PM
No wonder you feel so upset, and not least because you might meet this awful woman again.

To put your mind at rest in one respect, the dog will not be put to sleep - rightly or wrongly, neither the police nor anyone else in authority is interested when a dog attacks another dog. this horrendous woman is telling massive porkies. The downside of this is that you can probably expect little help from them.

Is it possible to always have someone with you when out for a walk? Preferably someone who is prepared to carry a slip rope lead, and who can immediately put it on this woman's dog if it approaches Oscar. Don't say a word to her - just get your helper to calmly hand the dog back, and don't respond to any abuse. There is nothing more frustrating for these prawn heads than total lack of response!!! If she continues to cause trouble, then we will have to think of the next strategy!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Bless ya! So sorry this stupid woman made you cry

Make sure you meet up with someone at the park, and always carry your mobile phone. If she approaches you again, call the police........
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >