View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Make yourself as much of a nuisance to the school as you can I would be demanding a room that your daughter and her friends can go to at break times in a place that has a teacher near to hand (near offices etc), having the other girls moved away from her in all lessons that they share, every teacher that she and they are taught by to be informed of whats going on and to look out for it... Things to make her feel as safe as possible. And of course the complaints and meetings that everyone has spoken about. This might help http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/wps/po...+about+schools http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/wps/po...PSB+-+Bullying
Aside from that, I don't think that it matters too much whether the facilities at her school are better or not, if she's upset enough by this that she wants to move schools then this must be having a great effect (most likely much greater than you can see) on her. I went through a similar thing at school and I can't as yet function normally outside of a very small group of people because of the mental health issues it's left me with. My parents thought that they did everything that they could at the time, but looking back on it now they say if they could go back and change anything it would have been to take me out of school earlier. Hopefully it won't affect your daughter to this degree but I think it's worth keeping in the back of your mind. Good luck to you and her
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2010, 09:52 AM
I was bullied in my last year at school. My mum didn't want to move me as the school I was in was a good one. But my point was how was I supposed to concentrate and do well, when all I was trying to do was listen to what was being said about me. I moved schools and yes, I had to change a few subjects as the new school didn't do some of the subjects I had been doing. But at least the new school was safe and I could get on with what I needed to do.

If my children were in the same position as I was now, I would move them with no second thoughts.

I really feel for you and your daughter as I know how hard i was for me and my mum.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Bless her. Your poor girl. It must be awful for her. Definitely keep on at the school. Tell them you will take it further if they don't do anything about it now.
Do you know these girls' parents? It's possible they don't know what's going on. If they're reasonable, maybe you could go down that route. If not and these girls are harassing you at home then call the police.
When I had problems with my stepson being bullied, and the school did nothing, I called my local mp and reported it to him. He went mad with the school and the head ended up getting sacked!! (there were other incidences with other pupils).
Get really hard hun. Your daughter needs you. It's gonna be hard but these girls need stamping out now.
Good luck babes xx
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Hello, I'm really sorry to hear your daughter is being bullied. I work in education and you must keep the school informed, could you arrange a meeting with the head? They have to listen, if not I'd go further up the system, as our job is to protect children, not let this kind of thing happen. Also, keep a log, especially as one of awful girls has been to your house, go to the police. I know you said your daughter has tried to speak to a teacher and they didn't listen, is there any other adult at school she can trust and talk to? Teaching assistant, learning mentor, SENCO? I hope that this is sorted for your daughter
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 06:17 PM
A call to the police might help as its now happening on your property. Its harrasment!

as for the school.....you need to be VERY proactive like standing at the gates, talking to the head every day if possible or if you can turn up at breaks and dinner times and watch whats going on from a classroom then demand a meeting with the head and these girls face to face.

or like i did.......i got a message to the bullies....touch my daughter again then i'm coming after you with a baseball bat
i only did this because the school did nothing to help even tho my daughter went through exactly whats happening to yours, its like deja vu!

i must have had a file on me at the school..Problem Parent, only because i wouldnt let this slide. i pestered and shouted and threatened the school and still they took the softly softly approach with my daughter on the receiving end of the bullying each day. thats why i took the action i did.

And it worked!!!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Thank you so much, all of you! I hate watching her go through this, its so painful to watch. Again today she's not been out, she seems to have lost her will - with everything. It breaks my heart to see her like this, withdrawn and depressed.

I have today rung the police and they said i have done just the right thing by calling them. They are coming out on wednesday to take a statement. They said its harrasment and its totally not on! They will then go and speak to these girls - AND their parents (i'm sure half the parents have no idea where their kids are and much less do they care what they're up too ).
Now knowing that this will happen gives me more ammo with the school.
They will have to do something now.
Thanks again guys, i'll let you know what happens on wednesday with the police.

Mel. x
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Hopefully it will all get sorted out now

I had the opposite problem at school. A girl was bullying me and my friends but when we told the teacher the girl said it was the other way around.. The teachers believed her until the playground people told them otherwise. We were all forced to sit at the same desk and once she kept kicking me so badly I was covered in bruises and had to go to the Dr. Ended up with time off school because of it! Some of them can be so nasty and twist stuff around
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
Thank you so much, all of you! I hate watching her go through this, its so painful to watch. Again today she's not been out, she seems to have lost her will - with everything. It breaks my heart to see her like this, withdrawn and depressed.

I have today rung the police and they said i have done just the right thing by calling them. They are coming out on wednesday to take a statement. They said its harrasment and its totally not on! They will then go and speak to these girls - AND their parents (i'm sure half the parents have no idea where their kids are and much less do they care what they're up too ).
Now knowing that this will happen gives me more ammo with the school.
They will have to do something now.
Thanks again guys, i'll let you know what happens on wednesday with the police.

Mel. x
Please do keep us up to date.

I'm glad you got a positive result from the police. It's always worth it, if nothing else to have the incidents logged.

All you can do for your lass is be there, make sure she knows she can talk to you without judgement, I know you know this but make sure she does. Sometimes it's hard when you are being bullied to open up to anyone including your own parents, I still find it hard and still keep a lot of stuff inside and I've been out of school for over 20 years.

At the moment, until she feels safe, the place she feels safe is in the house or in her room, it's the only place they can't 'get' her. She will start to come out eventually, it may take a while but she will.

All I can do is wish you the best, make sure you are logging every time these girls show up, and every time your lass comes home saying she has had a hard time at the school. Get onto the school and don't let it go. They HAVE to act for her sake. Go to the education authority if you have to, but don't let them fob you off with excuses.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi,

Please get the police involved asap. Log ALL events relating to these girls, whether there is bullying and abuse or not. ANY contact between these girls and your children should be noted.

My Son has only been at school full time for 2 years and at the end of September this year, he will have been bullied for 2 years. The school have done very little and iIve now formally requested (via the Chair of the governors, a petition signed by other parents, the Education Dept and Ofsted) that the bully be excluded permanently from school.
I got the police involved when the abuse turned into racial hatred. My Son's bully is only 6 years old, but the police have been to the school and to the bully's house.

Fortunately, as your daughter's bullies are over 10 years old they can be arrested for their behaviour, which is criminal particularly as it's turning into harrassment (at least 3 incidents needed for harrassment).

Ask the school if and how they've implemented their bullying policy. If it mentions anywhere that if the behaviour continues that exclusion is an option, then ask the school how they intend to keep your daughter safe and how much more doe sshe have to take before they actually do something.

Insist on a formal meeting with the head of governors and head of year or head teacher. Write everything down and have a list of questions ready. Don't let them try to squirm out of answering you.

You can also ask you local police/PCSO to be present at the school gates at the start and end of the day. My Son's school has done this - not because of bullyiong but because of some parents parking illegally and unsafely. But they do act as a deterrent to anyone thinking of doing anything silly.

I really feelfor you and hope you get it sorted soon. Also, many teachers, deputy heads ,head teachers work through the school holidays, not just at home but at school also. So you can go in person or send a letter now, ven though it's the middle of ths ummre holidays. Ideally, if you can get some sort of meeting before the new academic term starts, then maybe measures can be put into place so that your daughter can be safe and regain her confidence for next year.

Laura xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I consider the school my boys went too very good they did everything possible and sorted out a bullying problem with my youngest son extremely quickly painlessly and no come back on him what so ever.

You have done the right thing getting the police involved. How dare they turn up and start harassing you on your doorstep. My other bit of advice would be go to your LEA when school starts again but do not be surprised if they have nobody there to help now as this is all part of the goverment cut backs. But you may have someone in place for advice and practical help and getting in touch with the school till the end of October or possibly next April.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2