Can i have one... can i can i can i

They are so gorgeous... esp this one
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi Jane,

Beautiful puppies.

The passage you quoted is one of the wordings of part of the CEPC/CEDC breed standard, another is: "Powerful appearance, severe expression. Especially suited to protecting, guarding duties and traditionally used for herding cattle and dog-fighting. Impetuous temperament. Low, deep bark. Obedient, reliable family protector, unfriendly towards strangers." I think it was written (or partly written) by Manuel Martin Bethencourt.

Whereabouts are you in the country? I'm interested in how you imported the dogs, I take it you waited 'till their rabies vacc. came into 'effect' to travel them on the PETS scheme? Why did you choose to import from Senor Curto? Please feel free to email me if you want,

Thanks,

Lizzy (aka the Presa Warrior , I'm sure you saw that!!!!)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-07-2004, 10:51 PM
[quote="Kirsty"]Can i have one... can i can i can i They are so gorgeous... esp this one[quote="kirsty"]

Sorry Kirsty I saw him first Well Carole did actually

Jane thanks for the info, very interesting history. I love the colour and the ears on the pups..wish my house and lifestyle was big enough to take one of these beauties
jap
Dogsey Junior

26-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi Lizzy.

We are close to Heathrow Airport.

Thank you for reminding me who wrote the quote, it has always stuck in my mind but I could never remember where I saw it or who wrote it.

I will only import my dogs when they are over 15 months as they have then been hip scored and health screened. (Curto)

We chose Manuel because quite simply we liked his dogs, the standard, colours, temperament, the whole package, but we decided to go over and buy rather than purchase another one from here, hopefully by the end of the year we would have been back and looked at some more.

There are people out there that do not like his dogs or him. We do we have met him and his family and will do so again, we liked the way that all of his dogs were DNA tested to prove parentage, we liked the fact that he will only breed with A & B class hips and nothing below, yes it can be argued that even parents that have A class hips can produce a pup with H/D and that would be true but the chances are far less.

For purposes of importing it is very expensive because of the six month rule,
Price of pup, breeder keeps pup for six months for you (at your cost) pet passport, rabies, chip, jabs, tick and tapeworm 48 hrs before flights, crate, flights.

It is the same for an adult except you pay a lot more for the dog and then add all of the above as well. You pay even more for a stud or dam that has had a litter already. If they come over pregnant then the costs go even higher.

In our opinion it was worth it.

Hope this helps a bit, if you would like to speak, then please call me 07708 602 306.

Is your presa from Topdrive same as Azz?

Rgds
Jane
Rogue Kennels UK
07708 602 306
RobK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2004, 02:43 AM
The light brindal in the forth pic is my favorite! Nice pups Rogue!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2