Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Eek, Akitas

It still always amazes me that dogs attack other small dogs/puppies as prey They must have been trained to do this?
A dog really doesn't have to be trained. My patterdale attacked my hens after 5 months of happily walking round the garden with them. Some dogs just have a high prey drive, once something runs they will try to catch.

I do totally feel for the poor cat. I also hope the puppies don't suffer any long term issues, that seem to come after an attack.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by littlefoot View Post
A dog really doesn't have to be trained. My patterdale attacked my hens after 5 months of happily walking round the garden with them. Some dogs just have a high prey drive, once something runs they will try to catch.

I do totally feel for the poor cat. I also hope the puppies don't suffer any long term issues, that seem to come after an attack.
Wow, how it can just change...

Oh i know, one of my Akitas has a huge prey drive,she chases cats, hens, mice, birds, rabbits...but never EVER small dogs, even teeeeny ones?! she has legged it over to small dogs before but only to play on arrival, never to chase...I just thought dogs know other dogs and wouldn't consider them prey, unless trained
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think it odd - if its true - that the owners four dogs including two pups all wear muzzles when being walked? surely if you had on aggressive or reactive dog you would walk any future pups/ dogs seperately so that they didn't learn the bad behaviour from the other dog?
Not saying all of the mans dogs are aggressive or that the story is even true but i just think it odd that you would have four dogs from the same household needing to be muzzled and on lead when out walking
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Poor pups and cat
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2