Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by jake
Have fun Rich C and make sure you wear a helmet. A man in wiltshire died the other week because he didn't have his on he lived near my mum so we are supporting his family's campaign to get everyone wearing one. Lecture over Have fun!!
Yep! Know the one you mean! I've been in touch with them myself! As they're planning ot bring out a wrist band in his memory etc. I added to the wristband thread that was going on a little while back.

I've got my bag with my helmet, wristguards, kneepads, elbow pads and sliding gloves in the car. One of these days I'll probably get some of those padded shorts you can get for snowboarding/mountain biking...
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2005, 11:44 AM
ow have a great time!!sounds fun like your pics!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2005, 11:57 AM
have a great time rich and good luck!!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

12-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Had an awesome afternoon! Having a load of guys there did provide encouragement, because I had to get straight in there and skate the bowl properly, not mess about rolling into it on the wimp's slope bit that's there.

No pics of me yet, but one of the guys did take some video, so I'll post a link when I see it. Here's one I did find, for your amusement...
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Well done you Rich.. must be a bit scarey first time after breaking a leg it looks great fun though!! Can middle aged ladies do it too
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

12-06-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm sure I heard recently of a geezer skating who'd had hip(s?) replaced! Based on that, I'd say anyone with a bit of a sense of balance could have a go!

Yeah, it was a bit scarey dropping into the bowl for the 1st time, but the feeling after my 1st successful run was awesome! :smt041
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

12-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by rich c
Had an awesome afternoon! Having a load of guys there did provide encouragement, because I had to get straight in there and skate the bowl properly, not mess about rolling into it on the wimp's slope bit that's there.

No pics of me yet, but one of the guys did take some video, so I'll post a link when I see it. Here's one I did find, for your amusement...
FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's brave Rich... I hope you won't be pulling antics like that! Glad it went well for ya (and u didn't make a fool of yourself )
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Glad you enjoyed it Rich C. I agree with AZ what is the fire doing there

Kindest Regards
Laura
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

12-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Hehe! You shoulda seen their 1st attempts at doing that. They put FAR to much lighter fluid on. FIREBALL! Nope, I wasn't participating in that foolishness. My skating's hot enough. :smt043
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
glad u had a great time Rich sounded like u had fun
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >