View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aslanda
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Dutchess barks at any bird who dares to land in her yard & chases them off. She'll also bark at any deer or other wild critter cutting through our property. When she sees any dog walking by our property she barks at them & dances in a circle, she is so silly.

She barks at anyone who knocks at the door; but, if someone rings the doorbell, she ignores them. And lets not forget the cats. If they run through the house, she barks at them, but doesn't bother them if they just walk.

But she is a darn good watchdog! She lets whoever or whatever outside know that she is inside. A couple of my friends told me that if they didn't know me, & heard her barking or saw her; they would be afraid to approach the house. She is 3/4 Sporting Breed & 1/4 Terrier.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Tilly sometimes barks if there's a cat in the garden or something across the road she sees from the window.She never ever barks when we are out - quite perfect really.......... until nightfall when she turns into pyshco guard dog & barks at anything passing outside that could be dangerous such a a flying leaf or carrier bag & when let out in the garden in the dark, hackles go up whilst she patrols the perimeters barking non stop!! It's even a completly different bark to her day time one - much more serious.I've started taking her for her night wee in the garden on her lead in case the neighbours complain!
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2010, 03:09 PM
lola does nothing but bark!! even when shes in a middle of a cecs seizure she will let out a bark if sahe sees the postman walk past!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Marius - strangers/strange noise, esp at night.

Lola - anyone at the front door and again, strangers, she's a good wee watchdog actually!!

She also goes mental when I use the nozzle on the hoover, she loves to bop around and pounce on it as I hoover! If she is in her crate at the time, she squeals with excitement/frustration because she can't get to it LOL
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Just found out another thing that triggered Luchia to bark.

Behind our house is a bowling green, and in the distance behind that is a large office block. Today she was looking out of the window, and noticed 2 window cleaners cleaning the windows of the office block (they were using those pully type systems for large buildings).

Bless her, she obviously decided that they were up to no good lol
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Almost nothing. My dog does not bark at any strange noises in the house, doesn't bark when someone knocks on the door. She can go weeks without barking. The only things that seem to get her to bark:

1. ATVs going by us on the trail. They're close and they're noisy. They get about 3 woofs.

2. Occasionally she'll let out one bark if she is frustrated over not being able to meet another dog. Usually though she just sort of "whines/talks."

3. She sometimes will let out a woof or two when chasing another dog in play.

Dahlia is about the most quiet dog I've ever met.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Marius - strangers/strange noise, esp at night.

Lola - anyone at the front door and again, strangers, she's a good wee watchdog actually!!

She also goes mental when I use the nozzle on the hoover, she loves to bop around and pounce on it as I hoover! If she is in her crate at the time, she squeals with excitement/frustration because she can't get to it LOL
Tilly does that too she's ok with the brush attachment which I use for the hard floor - but once that nozzle goes on, she goes mental & it's chewed to bits!!
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 10:04 PM
duke (gsd) sometimes barks at the door depending on who it is, hes seems to know and he barks sometimes in play when he wants you to throw the ball (high pitch playful bark). oh and if someone whistles loud he goes mad

rex (terrier) barks at most things...some other dogs, people knocking the door and coming in or near the garden/house. birds sitting on the roof. at me when he wants a wee lol
Aslanda
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Dutchess barks at deer & the groundhog cutting thru the yard, or birds that dare land in her yard. She also barks to alert me when someone is walking past the house (we live on a corner) or pulled their vehicle into the driveway. And when the 1 yr old cat runs thru the house, to get her to play.
skippy440
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-01-2011, 08:54 PM
My car coming down the street toward the driveway when I am almost home.

Apparently he misses me while while I'm at work. Although he is left with family during the day so he's not left alone.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >