Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
In the kitchen, owner was not there.

Lots of possible reasons, no excuses though.

So sad for everyone.

Light to all involved.

rune
People cannot be with their dogs all the time.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
That is true but if you need to leave a room and the dogs are in it you scoop the kiddie up and take it with you.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
That is true but if you need to leave a room and the dogs are in it you scoop the kiddie up and take it with you.
I agree, however anything said on here is speculation.

Rune states there are no excuses, but she was very quick in defending an attack on a member here by her own dog, with statements like:

Jake is being a dog and you didn't listen to him.
All Im saying is that this could of been a genuine accident, whereby in Runes own words the dog was being a dog. Im far from defending this but we really dont know what happened.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
I personally don't think it unreasonable to leave dogs and children alone for short periods. It isn't always possible in every situation to take child or dog with you.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:31 PM
TBH we don't know whether the dog bit or whether it injured the child by jumping on her or something like that. We don't know whether this was an aggressive attack or just a tragic accident. A mastiff wouldn't have to use much force to fatally injure a baby, just because of the sheer size of it. Dandy has knocked my little girl over just being gormless, and if she had been a small toddler she could have been badly injured. I think we need to wait for facts to emerge.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
TBH we don't know whether the dog bit or whether it injured the child by jumping on her or something like that. We don't know whether this was an aggressive attack or just a tragic accident. A mastiff wouldn't have to use much force to fatally injure a baby, just because of the sheer size of it. Dandy has knocked my little girl over just being gormless, and if she had been a small toddler she could have been badly injured. I think we need to wait for facts to emerge.
Thats what I mean, there may be a logical reason for such a dreadful event. I dont wish to single Rune out either here, just pointing out that in her own words, dogs are dogs.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I personally don't think it unreasonable to leave dogs and children alone for short periods. It isn't always possible in every situation to take child or dog with you.

It depends on the age of the children, but I never left mine alone with the dog/s when they were pre-school age. My dogs were a Goldie and a GSP who adored the kids but I wouldn't take the risk. Too many variables.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Tragic So sad

I don't think it's fair to comment until we know what happened.
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:50 PM
So Tragic. for all concerned. RIP little one.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:52 PM
What a terrible shame.....
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >