Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I kinda like the medium one, I really dont like the just clipped look much.
same here, but getting used to it now.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
As I loooked at the first one I thought, oh I do love a shaggy dog, then I saw the one of him clipped and just went .... aaawww!!!
So don't ask me

Originally Posted by loupoppins View Post
well, I think he is lovely regardless, but do prefer the longer coat. Think you're right, the medium one is perfect.
The clipped one looks a good option for summer though
yea ive had him clipped too early this year and he dont want to go out if its cold lol

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I like all three (really helpful, eh??)!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 02:13 AM
I definitely like the mid length, Louis isn't the same breed but I like his short better or mid, long just makes him look scraggly mind you winter is coming and I tend to leave it longer for winter and just mainly do around his face and legs
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 05:34 AM
long & scruffy!!!!! gorgeous!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I like the longer one much better but it's how comfortable your dog feels when it gets hot that matters!

When we had a Cairn terrier we took him to a groomers and he came out with hardly any fur left on him! He looked like a rat! I cried when I got home-I know it grows again but he looked awful! However, if it was up to my hubbie our kerry Blues would look like that when they go to be groomed as he thinks it is getting your money's worth!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
awww shes gorgeous
is that really a guinea pig with a terrier!!! she must be very good bless her

She was being harrassed by three of them but so long as im with her, she's fine. But I wouldnt trust her alone. Reckon the terrier instincts would kick in!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I like the clipped look...but I only have short haired dogs and dont know much about grooming, but def for the summer think it looks well smart
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I definitely like the mid length, Louis isn't the same breed but I like his short better or mid, long just makes him look scraggly mind you winter is coming and I tend to leave it longer for winter and just mainly do around his face and legs
yea, i like to leave it abit longer in the winter but he gets filthy!! and i have to trim round his eyes so he can see

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
long & scruffy!!!!! gorgeous!
thanks, i used to much prefer his scruffy look untill he rolls in fox poo!!

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I like the longer one much better but it's how comfortable your dog feels when it gets hot that matters!

When we had a Cairn terrier we took him to a groomers and he came out with hardly any fur left on him! He looked like a rat! I cried when I got home-I know it grows again but he looked awful! However, if it was up to my hubbie our kerry Blues would look like that when they go to be groomed as he thinks it is getting your money's worth!
lol thats what i was like the first time, bit of a shock isn't it!!

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
I like the clipped look...but I only have short haired dogs and dont know much about grooming, but def for the summer think it looks well smart
thanks, it is alot easier and keeps him abit cooler in the summer too although i had him clipped abit earlier this year and hes finding it abit cold
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 05:31 PM
I much prefer the long coat, but that's because I'm really not keen on seeing any dog clipped. But you need to do what suits you best, and keep the coat at a length you can manage.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 11:25 PM
And here's what can be achieved with a good handstrip!

Before.....

After.......

Poor little boy must've got such a shock, from mop to practically bald in 1 day!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Much prefer short look but im biased have smooth coats, ive had long coats & roughs, which needed stripped out but smooths are soooooo easy to keep in A1 condition
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >