Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Thats the thing, sometimes I think that people become use to it, and don't appreiate them like other people do, but if they've worked for them, then its fair do's, as you get what you put in.
What about the children or family of the people who have worked for it, don't they deserve to reap the benefits of their parents?? and dont the parents deserve to spend their money on who they like.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
What about the children or family of the people who have worked for it, don't they deserve to reap the benefits of their parents?? and dont the parents deserve to spend their money on who they like.
If the parents earn it then they can spend it on who they like yes, mind you I've seen some people who reap the benefits of their parents money, and they're not always the nicest, one of them right now got with my cousin (he was 16, she 17) she got pregnant, and now both have their own house, and even a maid and nanny (I never liked this girl at all she was the snobbiest of the snobs, when she started at the school she didn't know why no-one liked her, after she was showing everyone a website of her old house that they were selling at that point, and moaning that her new house has less tennis courts then the old one and how it wasn't fair) and now neither work, or try to, I don't think that its right that they are still getting all that they are, but its up to her dad (and yes I am currently on benefits searching for a job lol).

On the other hand their was a lovely person start school (she got kicked out of private school, and her punishment was start were we went ) and she couldn't be faulted, she was nicer then most people at the school, although she soon got moved as the punishment wasn't working .

But then I think the whole spoilt thing depends on whether they take notice of how hard their parents are working, and how much they get, but its nothing to do with me on that count.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow! I didn't know they sold for £40!!!

I was quite spoilt as a kid, but when I hit 18, I moved out and got no financial support from my parents-why should I, I was an adult then, and I struggled!!

I remember when me and Paul finally had enough money to treat ourselves to 'proper Warburtons bread' Sounds funny now...

Now we're better off, not well off, (through hard work, both trained alongside working for many years!) and we earn more money, I just seem to spend more therefore it's still never enough, and I'm still always short at the end of the month!? I would feel VERY guilty if I had spent that much money on chocolate!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 04:34 PM
I spent £20 on my easter egg this year!!

However, I buy one for me and OH to share, from a proper chocolatier, and it's the only time I would ever, ever do this!
We're certainly not well off, but it's our little treat
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I personally would not spend that much on chocolate and especially not as an Easter gift.

I do wonder if maybe they are Grandparents and have saved all year to buy these for their Grandchildren and are visiting for Easter. Or maybe parents and have saved all year.

I do not have a problem with it if people have saved or can afford it on a whim. I would not do it personally but thats just me.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Wow, £40! I'd be more inclined to spend less money on the same amount of excellent quality chocolate.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Wow, £40! I'd be more inclined to spend less money on the same amount of excellent quality chocolate.
It was acutally £80, there was two of them
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 08:12 PM
It simply depends what you want to spend your money on xxxxxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2010, 09:11 PM
i got a 1/2 price egg from the local shop and shared it with charlie lol
we are not rich but WE ARE HAPPY