Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nadine201
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks everyone for yr replies.
Especially to Magpye, will PM you with my address & hoepfully will be able to give good news on Monty pulling in a week or so
nadine201
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Doh, just tried to PM & won't let me (not enough posts or something )
Looks like will have to go buy one
Thanks anyway
labradorlady
New Member!
Female 

31-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi I have a 6mth old Choc labrador, who is great on the lead when it's just me, but the minute I have the children in tow she pulls like crazy, because, I think, I can't give her all my attention. I did not want to get a halti, because I do want to train her to behave on the lead. But my trainer lady reasoned with me, that life is not perfect and sometimes you just have to get from a-b and stopping every 2 minutes is not practical.

I now use the halti when I am with the children going to school or in busy places, and I take it off when we are on our own. It works really well, and although it's a bit irritating to her, and she does try to get it off, she is getting used to it and she does now trot along with us. I'm keeping on with the lead training at other times.

It also means the dog can come along with us to busy exciting places, which is also good for her, and the children get to hold her lead as well, which is good for them.

I'm glad I did it. I hope this helps
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 02:50 PM
I use the halties on 4 of my dogs and they are great, I use a dogmatic on the 5th dog, only because I wanted to see if they were any better, found it just as good although as I got a leather one it was more expensive.

mo
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I prefer the dogmatic the padded cushioned webbing one, it doesn't rub into my boxers eyes and she tolerates it more. I'm doing loads of training with her though and she's a lot better, we use a halti body harness on most walks and the dogmatic in busier areas.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2