Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im reasonably sure at 5mths, he shouldnt of been there at all! As far as Im aware, 6mths is the youngest?

thats what I had thought,

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
No,you may be right, but even then surely a club would have rules as to the age of its competitors.. not sure??.
Im pretty sure they must have, if I get a moment I will see if I can find out any info>?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:29 AM
If the vet thought the dog shouldn`t be there, then I assume there was good reason. But not to make the lady feel bad about it. I`m sure she was very disappointed, but it should have been handled and explained better.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by *Lorraine* View Post
The baby was in the Good Citizen display team & wasn't lame but "loose". Many Shepherd Pups are loose in their hocks 'til they muscle up.

This lady has been in the breed for over 40 years & gave up her time to support the G.C scheme...disgusting way to treat anyone.
I agree. This lady reminds me of my Nan. She'd b embarrassed and humiliated too andf or what? Just because KC officials and the vet clearly don't know about GSDs development of muscles etc. Surely if there was any ambiguity they should have gone and found out before telling her to leave.

What I don't understand is, if she couldn't show her dog, why couldn't they just ask her to withdraw? That would have had the same outcome, the lady wouldn't have felt embarrassed or silly about what had been done and they wouldn't now be taking a load of stick from people.

TBH, I really hope this is made public - so absolutely EVERYONE knows what sort of treatment people can expect at Crufts if they don't conform perfectly.

Laura xx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
I agree. This lady reminds me of my Nan. She'd b embarrassed and humiliated too andf or what? Just because KC officials and the vet clearly don't know about GSDs development of muscles etc. Surely if there was any ambiguity they should have gone and found out before telling her to leave.

What I don't understand is, if she couldn't show her dog, why couldn't they just ask her to withdraw? That would have had the same outcome, the lady wouldn't have felt embarrassed or silly about what had been done and they wouldn't now be taking a load of stick from people.

TBH, I really hope this is made public - so absolutely EVERYONE knows what sort of treatment people can expect at Crufts if they don't conform perfectly.
Laura xx

So the are damned if they do and damned if the don't
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:42 AM
see this is what concerns me about some breeds,

I can only assume the dog would need to be really lame to be asked to leave the show?

yet breeders feel that this is normal?

I have concerns about any breed where lameness is considered the norm?
and thats coming from an ex GSD owner/trainer
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
see this is what concerns me about some breeds,

I can only assume the dog would need to be really lame to be asked to leave the show?

yet breeders feel that this is normal?

I have concerns about any breed where lameness is considered the norm?
and thats coming from an ex GSD owner/trainer
I agree, all the fuss that has been in the press (dog) about the state of the GSD , its been voiced on her too by many a member.

The kc has been vilified for not doing something about it sooner, and now they actually actualy acted on the concerns of the GSD, they are getting bashed for doing something they where previously getting bashed for not doing they just cant win , can they.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree, all the fuss that has been in the press (dog) about the state of the GSD , its been voiced on her too by many a member.

The kc has been vilified for not doing something about it sooner, and now they actually actualy acted on the concerns of the GSD, they are getting bashed for doing something they where previously getting bashed for not doing they just cant win , can they.

it would seem they cant win.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 10:02 AM
If the officials at Crufts allowed the dog to go through, when it was advised the dog was not 100% who do you think would have gotten the backlash, the KC are trying to promote healthy dogs now, judges have to place dogs fit for function, I would have thought they would have just told her not to compete, I think kicking her out was a bit much though? there may be more to this story than meets the eye, if she got abusive over not being allowed to compete that may have been the reason for removing her from the premises?

mo
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
If the officials at Crufts allowed the dog to go through, when it was advised the dog was not 100% who do you think would have gotten the backlash, the KC are trying to promote healthy dogs now, judges have to place dogs fit for function, I would have thought they would have just told her not to compete, I think kicking her out was a bit much though? there may be more to this story than meets the eye, if she got abusive over not being allowed to compete that may have been the reason for removing her from the premises?

mo
I had thought that was a possibility as well,
I also felt playing the pensioner card was a low blow, lets face it, if shes able to have a young gsd and can handle it, shes hardly on her way out is she?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post

mo
Exactly , we were not there.

The KC and dog shows in general are under the telescopic eye of the "anti" press, can you imagine if a certain reporter got wind of a crippled dog being judged or "seen" at such a big event and they not being seen to do anything about it.

I am not saying the dog was crippled, but you can see the headline.

What do people want, they want them to act and be ethical, yet as soon as they do, they get bashed!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >