View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 01:21 PM
I would like to say nothing - because its all normal doggy behaviour and a training oppertunity

But I am human and sometimes I get angry - although I try and not show my dogs

Ben - crying because Mia is chewing a chew in the middle of the floor and he wants to go past her but wants me to move her incase she gives him the evil eye
Asking to go outside to only howl at the moon and forget to go to the loo, come in and then ask to go out again 10 min later

Mia - reacting to other dogs - not her fault I know but sometimes I do get stressed
Trying to play fight Ben when we are having an on lead walk and in the middle of crossing the road!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Wilma, my tennis ball mad black lab, who runs ahead of me up a hill, drops the ball so it rolls down towards me & expects me to catch it & kick it back up the hill to her. When I'm out of puff just climbing a steep hill I don't need to be watching for a tennis ball rolling towards me as well!

No matter how quiet I am, both dogs being able to detect the sound of a chocolate bar being unwrapped from a 100 paces!

Deciding that rubbing on my legs is the perfect way to clean their faces after chewing on their bones.

Wilma removing one of my slippers to wherever she decides to have a kip, so that I have to search for it when I get home.

I'd better stop now otherwise you'll all think I don't love my dogs!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Not pooing in one little (or big in Ivan's case) neat pile to ease disposal. Ivan will squat and then walk so he is leaving a trail of deposits and I have to keep track of where it all is so I can pick it up. Not easy in the dark
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Not pooing in one little (or big in Ivan's case) neat pile to ease disposal. Ivan will squat and then walk so he is leaving a trail of deposits and I have to keep track of where it all is so I can pick it up. Not easy in the dark
Lol, Jed does this and it's bit by bit and spread out along the entire walk so I end up using so many poo bags. I wish he would just do it in one and be done with it!

Flynn makes me mad by barking for just about any reason. I wish he would show his frustration, demands, insecurities etc another way rather than using noise.

Jessie makes me mad when she picks up on Flynns body language when he is on point and rushes in. She doesnt know what she is supposed to be smelling/looking for and just cramps his style by being constantly glued to his side whilst hunting.

Jed makes me mad when he dawdles 10 miles behind and I have to constantly keep looking round and shouting "Jed, COME ON!!" This is because he's like a beagle and his nose is constantly on the floor and he takes about an hour to thoroughly process each scent he finds.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I hate when they play in the water dish after a couple of drinks, it goes all over place and I worry when I go out as it is always somewhere else other than where I left it.
lmfcr
New Member!
Female 

09-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Loki - my flat coat has many "adoring" habits. the 2 that come to mind - he grabs hands all the time when he wants to play. And he LOVES to play keep away with his toys! i thought he was suppose to be a retriever!
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
i wish Bailey would stop whining like a little girl and going round and round in circles at the same time, when i get his lead to go out and i wish Shady wouldn't bite his bits at the same time
This reminds me of a fun evening in our house. Oscar was about 6 months old and we were looking after a 12 or 14 week old Springer puppy...

I was watching tv and also watching the bunny destroy the nice clean cage I had just given her. Hubby was on the sofa with me, dogs on the floor at my feet.

I spotted Oscar moving out of the corner of my eye so I turned to look. And what did I see?...

Springer puppy (Isla) with her mouth around his 'little boy' sucking like mad and Oscar humping for all he was worth!

Only in my house could the dogs try oral sex!

(I'm not sure if I should admit we were howling with laughter at them (after we'd seperated them obviously))!
lakeland_lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Barney drives me mad when he has wind and then looks at me in disgust and sniffs! Grrrr the cheek! oh and after having a good lick of his bits or bum he always wants a kiss.
Wouldn't change him for the world tho.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2