View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 09:08 PM
My pics have been on there for ages..........avast picked up a virus for me on there just a couple of days ago, haven't been on since.
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
OH heck, I use Photobucket all the time

Never heard of the other site - but don't get the bit about your pics expiring after 30 days, mine have never done that in Photobucket
That's weird, that's what I thought happened. Always happened to me. I think it's what causes the 'This image or video has been moved or deleted' graphic. Like Mistyblue's post on this topic.
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=84360
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Luckypirate View Post
That's weird, that's what I thought happened. Always happened to me. I think it's what causes the 'This image or video has been moved or deleted' graphic. Like Mistyblue's post on this topic.
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=84360
Hi LP I posted pictures on here in 2004 with photobucket as the host site,the pictures are still there.

The message 'This image or video has been moved or deleted' usually means just that, the OP has deleted or moved the pictures, I have done the same thing with a couple (accidentally when moving pictures around on PB)
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Yep - i have found that as well - pics are still here ....long time later
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

01-03-2010, 09:13 AM
OK, after a bit of digging about, it looks like the virus is one of those fake anti-virus jobbies that attempts to 'scan' your computer and then tries to get you to install it. From a bit of a look at Photobucket, as they're using Apache web server running on Linux (As far as I can see from Nmap.) their servers would be totally unaffected - purely acting as a carrier.

So, it looks like Photobucket are as much a victim, albeit a fairly blameless one. If they were running IIS on Windows servers then I'd say they deserved to get infected. The villains are Microsoft, because they insist on releasing vulnerable software along with the anti-malware companies who take advantage of the situation to make themselves a tidy profit off a big company's incompetence, along of course, with the criminal organisations who try to fleece people who don't stand up for themselves by refusing to use vulnerable systems. (The last is YOU, BTW.)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2