Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Agree with all thats been said!

I dont have many friends round cos i am embarressed about all the dog hairs, the chewed furniture, the smell and the smells they make when we have company!!

My daughters two best fiends wont come round cos one is terrified of dogs (even tho i say i would shut dogs away) and the other is allergic!

Its being contstantly covered in mud and dog slobber!!

Its about putting your hand in your pocket for some change and pulling out a load of kibble and poo bags!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
See...this is it isn't it, we all work damn hard looking after our dogs. We worry about them and go out of our way to make sure that they have happy fulfilled lives.

What am getting at is this...does it ever get you to the point where you think to yourself, and am not thinking this guys so don't worry is this all worth it??
I can honestly say I never feel like that, if I did I would prob be living with the wrong sort of dogs,
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 02:52 PM
YES!! Its all worth it!! Especially when they lay their head on your lap and you get that special doggy cuddle or you see them careering through the undergrowth having a whale of a time I swear you can see them smiling
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm having a think about this..
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Its a life filled with love.

Its a life where its important to me that this being entrusted to my care is cherished and nurtured and trained so that she can be the dog she was meant to be.

Its taking care of her physical and emotional well being regardless of my desire to sit on a sofa and veg

Its the joy of seeing a pair of brown eyes looking up at me, a huge grin and a wagging tail.

Its a life less complete without her there.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 03:05 PM
When you pop out for 10 minutes, forget to lock the back door (bad news when you have a dog that knows how to open doors), only to find that your dog has down a massive diarrhea outside, has trodden in it several times and has traipsed said diarrhea all over your kitchen floors and work surfaces.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2010, 03:12 PM
It's all about being so chuffed with the puppy kisses you are getting and then remembering the last thing you saw her doing was eating poo out the cat litter trays!

But even better it's having a devoted friend who instinctively knows if you are happy or sad and is there no matter what.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
It's SOOOO worth it. I can honestly say that I am blessed to have such fantastic dogs. Our family wouldn't be complete without dogs.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I hate my filthy muddymessy garden that they have caused and then traipse the mud indoors.
I love the way they make me go out for exercise although I do wish Shady was easier and we could just walk anywhere and not have to carefully plan everything and pay so she can run free.
I couldn't be without them though, I love them unconditionally and know they love me the same.
Knowing neither had the easiest start in thier lives and are now happy safe and loved brings me so much joy.
They really are my whole world.
RedyreRotties
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Definitely worth it!

Here is how to tell whether your dog or your spouse loves you more.

Place both in the trunk (boot) of your car. Wait 20 minutes. Open it up and see which one is happy to see you.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »