Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Nope, you`ll still find me and my "snarling horror" out in all weathers!!

Yep. same here, proper dogs walkers will walk in ALL weathers , with their dogs, , some have nice friendly ones some have snarling horrors!!

Infact in my experience, "proper" dog walkers will own dogs from one end of the spectrum to the other.
I'm pretty sure you keep your girl away from other dogs though don't you? I'm sure what Claire is getting at is the weather keeps away the 'he's only playing' brigade!!!! I know some people have less than friendly dogs, but it's how you deal with that that makes you a 'proper' dog owner
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 09:54 AM
We've been out everyday regardless to the weather, but I have to say around here, this kind of weather really shames some....as you never see them or their dogs.

Have to say we braved Babbs Mill on Tuesday and met 3 people with BC's (hardley surprising) met our usual chappie with his Akita, and 1 Rotti owner.

Other than that the others seem to have gone under cover
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Whatever you say, you`ll offend someone - . Apologies to all owners of snarling horrors for implying they`re not mad as well.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Whatever you say, you`ll offend someone - . Apologies to all owners of snarling horrors for implying they`re not mad as well.
LOL - I like it.

I've been out in all weathers too and although I've not met anyone unpleasant (dogs or owners surprisingly) I have met a lot of people who seem to want to stand in a blizzard and have a half hour chat! So yeah - I'd have to agree - definitely mad!!

Laura xx
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2010, 10:33 AM
One barking horror here
Strangers unfriendly, super dog friendly to the point that yesterday on our way home from the park he saw a springer who was running around, minding his own business and Fluffy went ballistic, barking and jumping with excitement trying to meet him (not a chance with that attitude). Poor springer and the owner thought I was walking a lunatic who's never seen a dog before!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 10:40 AM
I was out walking my 2 in the snow yesterday and only saw one other dog, an oldish couple were walking it and it was a tiny Yorkie on a lead, my retriever went to say hello and they both huddled around it like he was going to eat it
I would understand if he was a German Shepherd or a Rottie (sorry owners of these breeds ) but he is a friendly looking Retriever!
It's the collie you have to watch out for, she will eat anything smaller than her
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 11:00 AM
i dont really find that, most of the dogs we meet in the winter we meet in the summer too. there have been a few to disappear but there are still friendly dogs and the not so friendly out in the cold.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
I was out walking my 2 in the snow yesterday and only saw one other dog, an oldish couple were walking it and it was a tiny Yorkie on a lead, my retriever went to say hello and they both huddled around it like he was going to eat it
I would understand if he was a German Shepherd or a Rottie (sorry owners of these breeds ) but he is a friendly looking Retriever!
It's the collie you have to watch out for, she will eat anything smaller than her
Some people think anything bigger than a cocker spaniel is going to savage their wee baby! I'm a bit more wary now I own a small dog, but I've had some really OTT reactions to my gang, even my Mum's BC pup.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I've been quite amazed at the amount of people out and about in my village (I don't normally walk here you see!) with dogs at the time of day I've been going out,i.e. 10.30 11 am. instead of 7.30 am for our first walk of the day! It seems 10.30/11.00 is THE most popular time to dog walk around here? So far, we've met lots and lots of little puppies of 14 weeks old. Yesterday we walked with a little cocker puppy and mum and two kids up to the green, and today I walked alongside a lady with two kids and a little 14 weeks old ridgeback who was absolutely gorgeous, I think I want one of those now!

We're having a lot more fun than we usually do when we hardly meet up with anybody at 7.30 am. or 11.30 in my other dog walking area I go to, and it's been nice to walk along chatting (coz I like chatting!) and all the dogs we've met have wanted to play and have fun with Zena, sometimes as many as 6 or 7 of them, it's been great! Usually, where I go up on the top of the hills, I only get to meet up with those dog walkers and the odd person, coz the area is so vast, even if the car park is full, we're all well spread out up there, so this has been nice for me this past two weeks!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2