Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
aw, norty woody! im sure jake would do that given the chance, my mum shut him in my room when we had dinner though she didnt want him mooching. im sure in the years to come though, he will do things like that... he is sooo like that! complete opposite to my old boy sam.
Cheeky ol Jake ;o)

Originally Posted by Auntie Katie View Post
I'm not in least suprised to see he's a springer!

We had a christening party for our Bearded Collie when she was a puppy, she's 13 now so shows how long ago it was (and to prove how mad we really are she had god-parents too! ) We invited some doggy friends, one of which was another Beardie who crept in to the kitchen while nobody was looking and ate half the scones! We caught her with her front paws on the worktop leaning as far over as she could to get the ones at the back!
Oh no, aren't they funny. Can't blame them really.

Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
On Christmas eve my family visited, my brother was taking the turkey and trimmings to my mums and had them in a bag.

we were all singing christmas carols and at some point during the proceedings Vito managed to get into the bag. We thought we had caught him in time- no harm done etc etc. But when my mum went to cook dinner she noticed there was an entire bag of chipolatas wrapped in bacon missing. He had scoffed the lot, bag and everything.

he is one greedy little man!
Yuck, I bet the bag coming out was interesting ;o)

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
ah bless him looking all sorry for himself We nearly had an incident with the ham. I was doing cola ham & had borrowed a huge pan from hubs work to boil it in. I didn't have enough cola as 1 bottle wasn't enough so I improvised & used a bottle of Dr Pepper. When it was done, I took the ham out ready to glaze & put in the oven, there was nowhere to put the pan so I put it outside to cool & forgot about it!! of course hours later when I let Tilly out I remembered!! and there she was with her head stuck in the pan Luckily she wasn't interested in drinking the cola/Dr.pepper mix but she was licking the sides. I dread to think if she'd have glugged it down!!
Ps the improvised Dr. Pepper ham was lovely!! (I should write to Nigella & tell her of my updated version )
LOL, well done you for the adaptation. LOVE Nigella!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh Woody........ soooo norty

Very norty, but so funny.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Oh dear! Well at least he got rid of some of the Turkey for you, it does get a bit boring eating it after a while.

Marius is a doll and wouldn't touch food even if we did leave it unattended - Lola however, she's a pig and would eat you if you stood still, so we don't leave it unattended and luckily she's too small to reach the table!!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Our naughty girl Freya ate 8 sausages still cooking in the frying pan.. not too long back.

Our old working cocker, who we lost a couple of years back.. tried to steal sandwiches from my son`s school bag on the quiet, to the high amusement of the posty on opening the door.. was wondering around with a rucksack stuck on his head.

Poor Woody does look a bit sorry for himself.. lol
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 11:23 AM
on boxing day a few years ago, me and the kids were going to a friends for the day. i pulled out of the freezer a bag of 50 sausage rolls and another of 50 mini sausages.

got to my friends and after about 20 minutes she said that she should put the food in the oven. i then realised i had left it sitting beside the freezer at home. we were convinced leo wouldn't have eaten them as they were frozen and in bags.

oh what deluded fools we were!! i got home to discover he'd eaten the whole lot!!!!

no side effects were seen i'm happy to say!!

poor woody, he looks like he is regretting his luxury dinner there!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Oh dear! Well at least he got rid of some of the Turkey for you, it does get a bit boring eating it after a while.

Marius is a doll and wouldn't touch food even if we did leave it unattended - Lola however, she's a pig and would eat you if you stood still, so we don't leave it unattended and luckily she's too small to reach the table!!
Such funny images of Lola trying to reach the table for the turkey and AM, I'm quite sure she is the type to one day, find a way!!

Originally Posted by janie View Post
Our naughty girl Freya ate 8 sausages still cooking in the frying pan.. not too long back.

Our old working cocker, who we lost a couple of years back.. tried to steal sandwiches from my son`s school bag on the quiet, to the high amusement of the posty on opening the door.. was wondering around with a rucksack stuck on his head.

Poor Woody does look a bit sorry for himself.. lol
Hahaha, brilliant. You've just reminded me of the time Woody swiped some pieces of halloumi straight off the BBQ when we were camping this summer. We stupidly gave him abit once and he is now obsessed (there really needs to be a stronger word to describe it) with the stuff!! I just have to get it out of the fridge and he is jumping up and down with excitement.

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
on boxing day a few years ago, me and the kids were going to a friends for the day. i pulled out of the freezer a bag of 50 sausage rolls and another of 50 mini sausages.

got to my friends and after about 20 minutes she said that she should put the food in the oven. i then realised i had left it sitting beside the freezer at home. we were convinced leo wouldn't have eaten them as they were frozen and in bags.

oh what deluded fools we were!! i got home to discover he'd eaten the whole lot!!!!

no side effects were seen i'm happy to say!!

poor woody, he looks like he is regretting his luxury dinner there!
Oooooo, I bet that sat nice in the tummy!

Yes, he was definitely wondering whether it was all worth it for a few hours there.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 11:52 AM
aw bless, poor woody, just wanted xmas dinner like everyone else !! LOL

Have to say Bruno is good that way and wont touch food unless he is offered it. although he managed to get himself beside the oven everytime it was opened on xmas day - just in case something fell out !!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2