View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi Amanda , so sorry to learn Moon has kidney problems.
I guess the vet will flush out the kidneys to try to get rid of the build up of toxins then see how it goes.

Two years ago I lost a nine month old puppy Millie with kidney failure . I will be thinking of you both and hoping the problem is not too severe.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Oh Minihaha, that's just awful I just feel to miserable, I'm so worried I keep throwing up and I can't stop crying. It's just such a shock. I thought he had a digestive bug and the last thing I expected was the vet to tell me my dog might die in a few days. It doesn't seem real, I can't imagine my life without him. I keep looking at him empty bed and crying
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 01:00 AM
So sorry Moon isn't very well. Am sending hugs for both of you xx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 03:13 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear this. Big hugs to you. I do hope Moon will be okay, only time will tell and he is in the best place to get the help he needs. Hope you are doing alright too such a worrying time
Beanz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Im so sad to hear this. I know someone with a dog same problem. Her dog is being managed with medication & prescription diet & regular check ups at the vets. I really hope Moon can be managed also. Please try to stay strong for you both

xx
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys. I'm utterly exhausted, I barely slept last night, I was so scared I'd ring the vet today and they'd tell me he'd died during the night. I rang them first thing and they said he's doing as well as can be expected - he's bright in himself, eaten a little and kept it down, isn't drinking as much as he was and is passing urine ok. The knot in my stomach has loosened a little after hearing this, I'm just keep hoping and praying. I'm going to see him tonight after work. They will check him bloods tommorrow and tha's when we'll find out if his phosphates have gone down (which will be a good sign), if so then we just have to hope like hell hat he maintains once off the drip.

I've gone to work today but I'm just to tired and stressed to deal with it, limited patience today.........
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Amanda the fact that Moon is eating a little already is a good sign, let's keep are fingers crossed and stay positive xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Well that is good news. As Mini says, try to keep positive. And look after yourself too.
xxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 12:32 PM
oh im so so sorry to hear this, fingers crossed he pulls through. (((hugs)))
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Vets just called (nearly gave me a heart attack as vets never all unless it's bad news!!!!!), fortunately it was just a considerate vet giving me an update. Moon is much the same as earlier, serious but stable. They re-did his bloods and they were still high but he's eaten a little more and is managing short walks ok. Thye have put him on Fortekor and are testing his blood for Leptospirosis She's talking about possible management if he pulls through i.e. regular checks and special diet. I'm daring the hope a little, that we might at least get him home for a while. But I'm scared to hope to........

I can't wait to see him tonight, that last 24 hours have been hell.
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »