View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Awww Steve he's wonderful. I don't blame yer for getting another dog so soon, I'm glad i waited tho cos now i have the most wonderful, playful, cheeky staffie you could ever imagine owning.

If it helps you and it feels right then that's all that matters.
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Gorgeous dog Steve! I've never seen a smut Bullmastiff before.
I am very happy that you have found another friend
derbyrottie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2005, 01:59 PM
some things just seem to happen for a reason, unfortunately you lost Abe but there is another dog that has an unsettled life looking for a forever home that might have been in a rescue centre for a while, so i wish you the best of luck with your new friend and look forward to hearing all about him and seeing pics.
when i wasnt in a situation to have a dog it was horrible, there was always something missing especially when your on your own, everyone has to deal with how they feel in their own way, only you are living your life!!
i love bull mastiffs, but my partner wanted a rottie so that was that! but Vegas looks lovely
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2005, 02:32 PM
This is my all time favourite picture of Abe taken couple of years ago round my sisters house and had to post one more of my friend.

I know its easy to say postitive things about your own dog,but Abe truly was a gentle giant who adored children of all ages and would always be by the side of my niece.He was her special friend and would go potty if she played on the swings in park behind my house and couldnt be with her.When she used to stay over,he always slept on the bed beside her and would growl if i attempted to go near her to wake her up!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Aww Abe was gorgeous Steve
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Vegas looks absolutely wonderful Steve, all the very best with him.

We all find our own ways of dealing with loss and they're all totally valid. The only thing that really bugs me is when people say 'Oh Fluffy was so wonderful, we could never have another'. I think that is so disrespectful of their old pet.......like he was perfect, the one and only, nothing could ever compare. - They all have their special bits. You've told us about Abe's and we look forward to hearing about Vegas's.

One bit of advice - have had lots of rescue dogs - they were all theives! I think it's because they've been in shelters they have lost their confidence in getting food when they need it.........so they help themselves whilst it's around

Look forward to hearing about him. New name, new start. Good luck!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 02:53 PM
abe was a stunner steve

i think it is great you are taking on a rescue dog,harley my rottie was a rescue dog and he is a gentle giant too

wish you all the best with him steve he is gorg
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Vegas looks like a very cheeky chappie :smt007 very handsome.

I can understand why you have taken the decision to get Vegas and I wish you all the luck in the world together.

Love the picture of Abe, it's easy to see why it's your favourite.

Aileen x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Vegas is gorgeous! :smt049

Teagan sends *smooches* to him!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 03:30 PM
oh steve abe was just a truely wonderful dog from what we have heard and seen!!

I dont think you need luck steve, cus we all know your a good dog owner and your new friend will be so happy to have you, as will you to have that beautiful boy!!!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >