Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
beter that than unwanted/ unplanned litter.
ATD x
Not gonna happen! Estrelas are not a breed that can be alone for ages. They need company.

I was just wondering how others do it, that's all.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 05:01 PM
My friend has 5 leos but leaves on an acre and has a fab set up. She has 3 bitches and two entire males both of whom she used for breeding. She says that it can be very hard on whichever male is not being used. They go off their food and loose alot of condition.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Not gonna happen! Estrelas are not a breed that can be alone for ages. They need company.

dogs r amazin in gettin 2 where we dont want, even in a cage i have ssen them get out of them.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
dogs r amazin in gettin 2 where we dont want, even in a cage i have ssen them get out of them.
Rio can open crates. Dandy can't, but it will be padlocked just to be sure. I'm pretty sure dogs can't pick locks.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Rio can open crates. Dandy can't, but it will be padlocked just to be sure. I'm pretty sure dogs can't pick locks.
no but some can smash outa dem lol, seen a staff do it
ATD x
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Well I have two males(one neutered early this year at 9 years of age) and 3 entire bitches, thankfully the bitches are more or less in sync with each other, I do have a kennel, but found it a waste of time because my older male(the one now neutered) would do anything to look out at the girls and cry/whine/moan and all the other annoying things they do til I was crawling the walls, I found the only 100% way to prevent all this was, to put the girls in my van no seriously, we have a driveway with locking gates at the front of the house, my van is fitted out for the dogs anyway, with bedding/water bowls in fact everything they need, the girls love the van, they go out at the front of the house on the garden and driveway, and at night get locked up, are all happy to curl up with each other and the males stay at the back of the house. I also put them out from the 1st day of season til about 30 days after, all the dogs are completely happy with this, I can keep an eye on them all, and no way can there be an accident.

mo
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I will be an exception.....

Gabe...GSDx (who is now 7) entire male...Siren (BC) will be on her 4th season in March (hopefully). We have a little bit of whinging from Gabe if Siren gets close to him (usually by accident as she really doesn't like him when she is in Season), however - he would much rather have a toy. They are seperated at night (siren tied up on end of the caravan, Gabe tied up the other - both sleep fine. They are crated individually if in the van.

I think I am just lucky.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 06:57 PM

Suprelorin implant for the dog. Rjj paid Jessie no interest at all(they were never left unsupervised of course)when she was in season & it works for me
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I will be an exception.....

Gabe...GSDx (who is now 7) entire male...Siren (BC) will be on her 4th season in March (hopefully). We have a little bit of whinging from Gabe if Siren gets close to him (usually by accident as she really doesn't like him when she is in Season), however - he would much rather have a toy. They are seperated at night (siren tied up on end of the caravan, Gabe tied up the other - both sleep fine. They are crated individually if in the van.

I think I am just lucky.
lol fingers crossed it will stay that way, I know my males got interested more and more as each season passed, they totally ignor my two year old at the moment but that would change if I left them inside the house. lol, BTW was a little confused with the tied up on the end of the van bit, is that outside? only asking because even if YOUR dog cant get at her others will be able to?

mo
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
lol fingers crossed it will stay that way, I know my males got interested more and more as each season passed, they totally ignor my two year old at the moment but that would change if I left them inside the house. lol, BTW was a little confused with the tied up on the end of the van bit, is that outside? only asking because even if YOUR dog cant get at her others will be able to?

mo
No - live in a static caravan.....a very small one!

At night (dogs live in with me), Siren is tied up one end on her bed, Gabe is tied up the other. I am with them all the time they are tied up. Hope that makes it clearer. My dogs are never kenneled - they are always with me in the Caravan or Van (travelling).

ETA - she is having pups (hopefully) next season, and will be speyed after that so should no longer be a problem!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >