View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 03:11 PM
well i actually visited dogs trust in merseyside today for a college assignment. and i asked if you can donate personally to that rescue rather than dogs turst in general and they said yes. think i might give it to them.

i also fell in love with a dog there, i am going to myther my nana to death when i get in, hes absolutely gorgeous, and definately needs to live with me lol i dont think the answer will be yes though somehow
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 05:04 PM
yep I would donate to a local centre, rather than a national charity, then you know where the money has gone.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 05:59 PM
manchester dogs home would benefit greatly from any donations, especially this time of year.

Mo
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I would choose a small local dogs charity.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
dogs trust are great.

unhealthy does also mean mentally unhealthy though

if the dogs trust, i would donate directly to the local branch and find out what actual equipment is needed and then go out and buy it for them.

or chose a small local rescue that has less
nope, or it never use to
ATD x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Wiccaways?
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
manchester dogs home would benefit greatly from any donations, especially this time of year.

Mo
although i got michael from there and they do the 1st vacc and microchipp which is rly important.
i dont like the fact 2nd vacc, neutering or home checks are done.
ATD x
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
nope, or it never use to
ATD x
I may be misunderstanding you, but healthy dog in the Dogs Trust means 3 things:

1) Physically healthy

2) Mentally healthy

3) Health and Safety (for the staff)

It has done as far as I've known, as I was given this specific definition by a Director at London Head Office several years ago, during an interview as a rehabilitation trainer, in order that i was ethically and emotionally equipped to accept that euthanasia could be an option for badly aggressive dogs if any programme i had tried had failed.
I was, and still am.
As it's a perfectly reasonable policy, especially as its used after everything has been tried, all proper assessments and consultations had been made.
The alternative would be as life times incarceration for a mentally stressed dog.
Which is suffering, so i applaud Dogs Trust for taking such an ethical animal welfare stance.

Dogs Trust are a great rescue organization, i would definitely donate to them.

So are Wiccaweys.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
I may be misunderstanding you, but healthy dog in the Dogs Trust means 3 things:

1) Physically healthy

2) Mentally healthy

3) Health and Safety (for the staff)

It has done as far as I've known, as I was given this specific definition by a Director at London Head Office several years ago, during an interview as a rehabilitation trainer, in order that i was ethically and emotionally equipped to accept that euthanasia could be an option for badly aggressive dogs if any programme i had tried had failed.
I was, and still am.
As it's a perfectly reasonable policy, especially as its used after everything has been tried, all proper assessments and consultations had been made.
The alternative would be as life times incarceration for a mentally stressed dog.
Which is suffering, so i applaud Dogs Trust for taking such an ethical animal welfare stance.

Dogs Trust are a great rescue organization, i would definitely donate to them.

So are Wiccaweys.
a few years ago in college we were discussing a border collie who was bouncing off the walls so much the kennel had to have padding on the wall as the dog was hurting their paws. this grew increasingly worse being in the kennel.
how was this mentally healthy?
ATD x
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
a few years ago in college we were discussing a border collie who was bouncing off the walls so much the kennel had to have padding on the wall as the dog was hurting their paws. this grew increasingly worse being in the kennel.
how was this mentally healthy?
ATD x
it isn't

we are agreeing, arent we?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >