Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:46 PM
my dog was one of them.
taken to vets due to his dog aggression at age 18 months vet refused to PTS and suggested they contact breed rescue

6 1/2 years later and I have the pleasure to own a beautiful loving dog who is an absolute dream with my child, not necessarily great with other dogs but wonderful with people.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
my dog was one of them.
taken to vets due to his dog aggression at age 18 months vet refused to PTS and suggested they contact breed rescue

6 1/2 years later and I have the pleasure to own a beautiful loving dog who is an absolute dream with my child, not necessarily great with other dogs but wonderful with people.
and you have my total respect and admiration for taking him on and working through it, i know its not easy
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
and you have my total respect and admiration for taking him on and working through it, i know its not easy
aww thanks, no its not the easiest but he is absolutely worth it !!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Only posted on here just the otherv week a staffie at risk of being put to sleep, i managed to get them two rescue places and offer some travel, but they couldnt be bothered and had him put down, i was distraught.
There are some really terrible tewrrible people out there...i feel very angry just reading this.
Good post though as i know a lot of people are not aware of this huge problem
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Only posted on here just the otherv week a staffie at risk of being put to sleep, i managed to get them two rescue places and offer some travel, but they couldnt be bothered and had him put down, i was distraught.
There are some really terrible tewrrible people out there...i feel very angry just reading this.
Good post though as i know a lot of people are not aware of this huge problem
horrendous isnt it . run free poor baby boy
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
aww thanks, no its not the easiest but he is absolutely worth it !!
i know, i've got one who was just like him, unfortunately her issues also included kids, not good for a cutesy spaniel its so difficult trying to rehome dogs like your boy, most folk don't want to know and it takes a special person to take on a known aggressive dog
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
i know, i've got one who was just like him, unfortunately her issues also included kids, not good for a cutesy spaniel its so difficult trying to rehome dogs like your boy, most folk don't want to know and it takes a special person to take on a known aggressive dog
its just a different way to dog walk - I actuvely avoid other dog owners !!! So much for walking the dog and meeting people !!

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 10:05 PM
So sad It disgusts and saddens me that some people feel the easiest option for an unwanted dog is a one way trip to the vet

Not sure what can be done to stop this though, as surely if an owner insists that a dog be pts, then the vet is obliged to do it? Dreadful.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
So sad It disgusts and saddens me that some people feel the easiest option for an unwanted dog is a one way trip to the vet

Not sure what can be done to stop this though, as surely if an owner insists that a dog be pts, then the vet is obliged to do it? Dreadful.
The vet has the right to refuse and i know one who is adiment on this matter!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 10:51 PM
thats terrible... i cant believe people would put their dog to sleep for such things...
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >