View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 10:55 AM
you can get glocosamine from any human shops too its the same as they give dogs but cheaper in human form, its not harmful to give this to any dog, wether it actually suffers from arthritis or not, it helps maintainand restore cartledge in joints, and helps reduce inflamation, my pups have been on it from a very young age as they are a large breed, ands it is better to prevent than cure. I personally use it, I also have a magnetic bracelet, as having joint problems in my youth, I do find they help
I would however have your dog checked out by a vet to make sure or the problem.

Mo
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Glucosamine&Chondroitin x365 capsules change from £18.

www.purelyhealthdirect.co.uk
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks everyone for all your advise. I have to call Barneys Cardio tomorrow to get him booked in for end of June so will have a chat make sure what you have all advised is ok for him.

I have seen the magnet braclets and my mum uses one from when she broke her wrist and it does help her. I have seen them for dogs and often wonderd if they would help. I can only give it a try.

I will write down all the products you have recomended and ask Simon (Cardio) when i talk to him. Certainly the glocosamine is an idea my other dog is nearly 7 and another has had probs with his patelas so it may help to prevent arthritus for the future for them.

I will get back to you and let you know what my vet says when i call.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 07:50 PM
There has been HUGE success with "Synflex" its for us as well as pets. Its excellent, my old fellow has been on it for almost 2yrs and he is as sound as a bell. Have a peek here http://www.synflexamerica.com/pet/index.php there is a UK site somewhere, do a google search to find it.
Dawn.
Shelly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2005, 06:12 PM
My mum and dad used to have a GSD who was a retired police tracker dog. He suffred terribly from Arthritus and was prescribed drugs from the vet to treat it. My mum visited another vet one day and he who was baout due for retirement. She told him that she wasn't happy with giving the tablets to him after reading the side effects on the leaflet. He advised her to give him a knob of flora margarine with his food everyday because the polyunsaturates and things that are in it are a great help, and also cod liver oil tablets. Within weeks he was off the tablets and walking fine.
That is from our experience it may not work for all cases. But also Seatone is good which is a green lipped mussel extract. I give it to our bulldogs as a precaution for when there older.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-05-2005, 06:36 PM
If you are after glucosamine have a look at www.healthspan.co.uk .They sell 1000mg tablets at £9.95 for 360...Cheers...Ian.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2