Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
He's 13 weeks old and chewing everything so i imagine so, however, he doesn't try it and leave it- he smells it and leaves it if it has the dry in it.

Labman, i don't think the food has gone off, I was just wondering if it would go off if I didn't use it for a while.
it may be worth trying soaking a small amount untill its mushy and mixing it with his wet,
nellie_dean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2009, 09:58 PM
How long food lasts depends on a couple of things
1) Storage conditions - food lasts longer if stored cool and cold
2) Whether the food contains 'natural' or chemical antioxidants or preservatives. If chemical then it will last for ages (!) as the main problem, rancidity of the oil is taken care of. If it has natural antioxidants then it will go off sooner.
If you want to read a bit more about spoilage of food then there's an article at http://www.pet-food-choice.co.uk/She...e_Pet_Food.htm
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Any updates for us? xxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I had the very same thing when I was on the Hill's large breed puppy! If you look at the actual kibble, can you see one side darker than the other??? Does it feel "greasy" and look greasy too? When I opened a NEW bag, I noticed the difference in the actual kibble straight away, no darker bits, and no greasy look or feel to it and she ate it! Bloooming expensive stuff too. I got so fed up with it in the end, that I spoke to my vet and changed over to the Wainwright's large breed puppy, which she always ate with great gusto, and although I wanted to keep her on that right up to 18 months, sadly, she's almost one year old now, and I've had to change yesterday to adult kibble (same make) coz she went right off the Wainwright's puppy!

All I can say is, it's a good food, you're buying it in the right quantity (7.5 kgs) for it to not go off and it's best to keep her on it if you can, just as my vets wanted me to with a big gsd, but quite honestly, I got fed up with the messing around with it, the throwing a lot of it away, blah, blah, blah.

Good luck! If she carried on refusing it, then speak to the vet like I did and see if you can feed another high quality product that she actually likes!
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I tried him with the dry food again once I could feel some meat on his bones and thankfully he is eating it, on it's own too!

A relief i must say.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
I tried him with the dry food again once I could feel some meat on his bones and thankfully he is eating it, on it's own too!

A relief i must say.
Great xxxxxxxxx
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2009, 06:10 PM
I spoke far too soon, he ate it for less than a week then started eating around it again. He just doesn't like it.
He's just been having wet again until today when I got burn's mini bites- he has ate them no problem as they are so tiny they mix in fine with the wet and he can't eat round them.

Fingers crossed he continues to eat it as feeding wet is an expensive pain.

The hill's will be going in the bin me thinks
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2