View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2009, 07:44 PM
When you lose an animal it is irreplaceable, you could never look at the clone as a being in its own right, that wouldn't be fair on the clone.

You can love another animal for being just itself.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2009, 09:15 PM
very very wrong....

id never want to replace a lost dog..... so why try??

apreciate the dog you have/had and move on.... dont try to replace it... jmo...
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi,

It's a horible thing to do IMO. I don't believe a clone (albeit genetically identical) will do everythign exaclty the same as it's "parent". After all, look at identical twins - the same in every way but they have their own thought processes etc.

When I lost my Jaikei (MOnday 29th November, 2004) I would have done alomost anything to have her back. But I mean that in terms of turning back time, not cloning. And if I could turn back time I woudl no doubt never have the loopy dogs I have now.

I think it's a disgusting practice, should be so expensive nobody can afford it and once the politicians and lawyers sort themselves out, it should be banned outright.

Laura xx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 09:30 AM
it astounded me though how much these people thought it was the best thing ever and associated what this dog did as the same as their original dog. It is the same DNA but I can give you two dogs that are similar in appearance and similar actions they are still not the same dogs, but they think it is still the first dog, too weird for me it seems they did it too stop the pain of losing their first dog, but he is still not here anymore.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2