Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by IanIOW
Hi Ashlady,this seems quite a common problem with a lot of dogs in the summer months and prednisolone is an effective treatment usually, but as Annie18 said it is only a preventative not a cure.Another optoin you could try if you are not keen on using the steroids is homoeopathic treatment. I don't know a lot about this sort of treatment but know a lot of people that swear by it. I think you can get a homoeopathic form of prednisolone and the people to speak to are Ainsworths in London. They have a animal advisor on hand and i hear they are very helpfull. They have a website www.ainsworth.com and there phone number is 020 7935 5330. Could be worth a phone call....All the best...Cheers...Ian..
Many thanks Ian, I will definately look into that. We had many discussions on Pets about Piriton and I think if I can find an alternative for steroids, such as Piriton, if his problem persists, it can't be a bad thing, Regards Ashlady x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2