View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Ours was a toss been Tilly & FloJo because that's what my mum used to call me when I was naughty & I used to call my daughter Flo (I still do!)

Hubby wanted to call her "Stay"!!! spelt "stae" can you imagine the confusion at training class!
I really like the name Rufus for a dog
chaosjoey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2009, 01:00 PM
When we got Chaos we couldn't decide on a name for her. We banded about so many but everything I suggested OH didn't like and vice versa. In the end we decided to keep Chaos which is part of her pedigree name!!

Joey came from resuce and that was the name they had given him so we decided to keep it!! Although friends of ours now say we should have called him Buddy!!!

I would like to call our next dog Twiglet!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 01:52 PM
my first dog was a rescue and already called leo. although he was no lion i did stick with it.

my friend adopted dylan before i had him and his name was toke . i suggested dylan as her last dog was called zebedee from the character in in magic roundabout. he certainly isn't a chilled out bunny though!

lily was named after the sweetest dog i ever knew. a friends black labrador. i used to look after her occasionally and she completely stole my heart.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I like unusual names too and conventional names occassionally...
Sam, my first dog, was named after an uncle...
Tess, the first English setter was named after Tessa Sanderson who won gold at Olympics 1984... I didn't name either of those dogs, but their names were short and sweet!!

Jamie, he was called that because a certain man in my life then didn't like my choice of Paddy and said he would refuse to call him that!! But as it goes Jamie suits my boy so thats okay!!
Deacon was going to be called Oliver, until a friend pointed out I would be shouting out, "Jamie... Oliver!" And I can't stand the obnoxious prat anymore!! So as I like vampire films and a vampire in the first Blade film was called Deacon (Stephen Dorff played him!) he got called that and not many dogs are called Deacon..
Remy not named by me, but suits her really well, as she is a Duchess though I call her Wemmy Wasthcal in a silly voice most of the time
Codeeour newest addition, she was going to be called Gemma or Scout or Gracie, but Codee got stuck in my head, no idea where it came from, but it got there and that is what she is called
Any future dogs may be called Scout, Gemma, Gracie, Judge. Jaxx, Jude, Rubens or Tallulah... but with my head who knows!!!
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2009, 04:38 PM
What a lovely thread - how interesting to see why and what others call their pets !

Our first dog (as grown ups) was was Minsky the springer spaniel named after the film - we never ever met or heard of another Minsky.

Our first English Setter was already called Annie - a nice name, then when we put our names down for a new puppy, we didnt know if it was going to be a boy or a girl so I wanted a name that would suit either. So he would have been Tallis (after Thomas Tallis) and I made up the feminine version for what was eventually to be the lovely Thalice.

We werent going to keep Sapphire so she retained the name given to her as a temporary basis in the litter. However it really suits her.

Delyth (means pretty in Welsh) was from our first Welsh born litter and her daughter is called Rhian and her granddaughter is called Blodwen.

Poppy was called Poppy before she came to us and as she was such a gibbering wreck it would have been cruel to change it. However she blossomed and we kept 2 boys from her - Fleet and Flash.

On the feline front our first was called Servalan - who was just like her namesake, small, elegant, short black hair and very imperious. Her son we called Blake and we also had Calico and Tom Tom. Then there was Foster (who we were were fostering but who's owner never came back and B.A. who was handed in at the police station having been rescued from the riverbank. B.A. is the radio callsign for the local police.

Out current feline is also adopted and was called Sooty - as are half the other cats in the village - so he is now called Sputnik.

AS for the future ? I really like the name Beulah for a girl and maybe Halkyn for a boy !!

Thalice's Mum

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2