Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 11:51 AM
jealous, may have to go next year
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:02 PM
It looks amazing. My kids would love helping out on the farm. Ivan would be a nightmare with the livestock and would end up getting himself into trouble. Have a ball. Great having something to look forward to xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Ooo my friends went there in the summer. They said it is in a beautiful place and that the agility barn is fab (you book in for specific times)...and the eggs (35p or 25p for each one you collect) are very nice. It only opened in about May this year I think. Only problem was that the dog exercise area was not as secure as they needed for one of their dogs...the sheep have been known to get into it and dogs have been known to get out of it into the sheep....just something to be aware of??? They had a fab week though, but said it wouldn't suit us with Tango and her sheep fetish
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Ooo my friends went there in the summer. They said it is in a beautiful place and that the agility barn is fab (you book in for specific times)...and the eggs (35p or 25p for each one you collect) are very nice. It only opened in about May this year I think. Only problem was that the dog exercise area was not as secure as they needed for one of their dogs...the sheep have been known to get into it and dogs have been known to get out of it into the sheep....just something to be aware of??? They had a fab week though, but said it wouldn't suit us with Tango and her sheep fetish
Good to know, thanks A.

Luckily I'm not too worried about the fence not being dog proof...we regularly walk next to fields with sheep in which they could get into if they really wanted but after initial inquisitive, they aren't bothered now.

Not sure what they would make of a single sheep in their dog walking field though, Tip might think it's Hoki!

I guess you don't have to use the exercise field - there are enclosed gardens to both cottages and we plan to be out walking with them elsewhere anyway.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Good to know, thanks A.

Luckily I'm not too worried about the fence not being dog proof...we regularly walk next to fields with sheep in which they could get into if they really wanted but after initial inquisitive, they aren't bothered now.

Not sure what they would make of a single sheep in their dog walking field though, Tip might think it's Hoki!

I guess you don't have to use the exercise field - there are enclosed gardens to both cottages and we plan to be out walking with them elsewhere anyway.
Yes...I think they wanted somewhere properly enclosed to take the edge off one of their dog's enthusiasm!!! She is very sheep focused though (half collie) and very 'herdy' so it was a problem for them(and it would be for us at the moment with Tango). This dog can also leap high fences...so the garden didn't feel as enclosed as it could I don't think!!!!!
They said it was lovely though and they had a good week
I am very jealous as it looks fab...I am sure you will have a great time. Lots of pics please???
We could do with a proper section on reviews of places like that huh? The good the bad and the ugly!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Ohh...have fun
Thanks Doesn't quite compare to Oz, but at least I won't get doggy-sick

Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
jealous, may have to go next year
You could tie it in with NESSRS fun day (if they have that the same place as was planned this year)

Originally Posted by Berger View Post
It looks amazing. My kids would love helping out on the farm. Ivan would be a nightmare with the livestock and would end up getting himself into trouble. Have a ball. Great having something to look forward to xx

when I told OH we could help out on the farm he said 'how much are they paying'? Mind you, when he heard there was a possibility of using the quad bikes his eyes lit up
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Looks FAB Fiona. I am sure you will have a brill time
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Looks fab and under an hour from us here Didn't even know it existed. Looks wonderful.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
OMG that's about 30 minutes away from where I live!

It's really nice countryside around Teesdale
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2009, 05:26 PM
megggaaaa jelous!!!!

that looks amazing!!!

added to favourites

let me know how it goes - i may just book that for next year
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >