View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 03:46 PM
well we are mortgage free, have been for 6 years now since moving to Wales, we sold our house in Essex and brought this house cash as it is so much cheaper to buy here

we have a huge garden and lovely big house..................but........................ ...i still dont see me staying here, i want to be more rural,we live in a town but we still have neighbours, all OAP's but i dont want any at all

i want to move to Scotland and have a smallholding where i can still have all my avaires and parrots cos i love handrearing the babies
but i also want more animals , more ducks, some geese, goats and a couple of sheep

i cant see it happening till my youngest finishes her school and she still has 2 years left but once she does i am gonna start looking
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
well we are mortgage free, have been for 6 years now since moving to Wales, we sold our house in Essex and brought this house cash as it is so much cheaper to buy here

we have a huge garden and lovely big house..................but........................ ...i still dont see me staying here, i want to be more rural,we live in a town but we still have neighbours, all OAP's but i dont want any at all

i want to move to Scotland and have a smallholding where i can still have all my avaires and parrots cos i love handrearing the babies
but i also want more animals , more ducks, some geese, goats and a couple of sheep

i cant see it happening till my youngest finishes her school and she still has 2 years left but once she does i am gonna start looking
Oh I like the sound of that!! I can come and see those babies
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post

hee! hee! looks like Scotland is a firm favourite.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 04:33 PM
In 5 years, I would like to still be living with Ryan (OH), in Scotland, I love it far too much to go back to living in England!!

I would like to have a job on a yard working with horses, rather than in a hotel and I would like to either own my own horse or be close to getting one!

Also, have a team of gundogs, that I have trained myself!! (That are better than Ryans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Well, given this a lot of thought and I would like, like most others on here, have a small holding with a lovely cottage, woods lots of rescue dogs, cats donkeys a few pigs and sheep.

I love Scotland but I have to think of Carl so it would have to be round here somwhere...there are some lovely villages a stones throw from me. I am lucky that I live semi rural I have countryside on my doorstep. I love my bungalow so am happy at the moment.

We will have to see how the finances are when Chris retires, but that won't be for a few good years yet.

x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 06:32 PM
In the future, I would love us to have our own farm either here in Scotland, or back home (for me) in the Lake District or Allan's home in Yorkshire.

I would love it to be totally rural as we are now and would also love to have a few extra kennels on the farm so I could foster GSDs and BCs for rescue.

Have to say I feel pretty privileged living the life I do at the moment, especially when it is obvious how many people would swap places with me in the blink of an eye
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Here where I am now
We have a lovely chalet bungalow, a large garden, a farm on the other side of our fence, which we are welcome to use. Friendly cul de sac, wonderful neighbours.
We're tucked away from the big areas, but within a few miles drive of two of them, for shopping purposes.
We're currently living our dream.

A small holding wouldn't be for us. I love my dog, but wouldn't want the chooks, pigs, goats etc. Guess I'm more of a Margot in that respect
Too far North wouldn't be for me either, as my asthma gets worse the colder I get.

So where we are is just fine and dandy
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Well, for me it will need to be in 15 years time mortgage paid, kids (hopefully) standing on their own two feet.

I want a grown-up gap year Couldn't afford to travel when I was younger, so me and OH have dreams of a camper van and a year off work-don't know if it will ever happen but a girl can dream

House wise, somewhere near to where I am, just a bit more secluded with a bigger garden-I would like me some chooks and another dog or two!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Well seeing as i'm a bit younger and don't even have a mortgage yet i'd be looking at 20+ years down the line. A nice quiet house with mortgage paid off, with a bit of land for the dogs and a nice, understanding man who likes animals and for my business to do well enough so I don't have to worry about money but i'm really not after anything flash or making millions, i'm quite content as I am if i'm honest, just that I know 4 dogs and 1 kid is my absolute limit here as there isn't really space to expand much, perhaps could get another room in the loft, but it is fine for now, but just who knows what the future holds?
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 08:14 PM
15 yrs time. hmmm well im 54 now so i wont be going out partying will i. but having won the euro lotto we will be able to afford a nice house with plenty of land. a nice woods with a river (with fishing rights for OH ) lots of animals(maybe a pony n trap ) like that.
and when we both de-part this earth. all our belongings are to be sold and the proceeds given to PDSA and the heart foundation. and other than my bro n family. everyone else can go and whistle.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >