Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Another vote for pockets here.
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I have a Gentle Leader treat bag from Training Lines (website) and it is great, I use it all the time. I had the same one as you Pidge previously but found it a bit fiddly too.
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2009, 06:16 PM
I use pockets too, but I have got a bag ( by dog activity) - it comes in handy for carrying bags and treats when I'm not really in a hurry for them. Wembley has dried meat or kibble for treats and it gets stuck right into the fabric of my trousers and goes all nasty so I prefer it in a bag.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I cut off the straps of a bumbag and added the straps of a handbag I had which had dog clips either end. I just sling it round my neck and it makes treating instant and the zip is handy too.

It might look like a DIY job (cos it is) but I don't care!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I use a resealable sandwich bag in my pocket and never have any left over treats cos I dish them all out when we get back home.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 07:17 PM
I've got 2 Coachies treat bags http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/treat-bag.php

They are similar to your old one, but the material looks softer and more flexible. I only drawstring it together when we get home, otherwise it's clipped to my trousers and wide open.

Been using them for 3 years. They get bunged in the washing machine periodically (as I use dry treats). Never had any trouble with them.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I've got 2 Coachies treat bags http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/treat-bag.php

They are similar to your old one, but the material looks softer and more flexible. I only drawstring it together when we get home, otherwise it's clipped to my trousers and wide open.

Been using them for 3 years. They get bunged in the washing machine periodically (as I use dry treats). Never had any trouble with them.
This is the one i also use. I have the black one and ive had no probs with it. As stated by isochick i only tis my toggle at the end of training.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I have a Clix treatbag too. Am happy with it, but it really bugs me being attached to me and ends up in my pocket!

Also, Takara is much more likely to guard the bag than my pocket so I tend not to wear it if I'm around loose dogs.

However - it is worth mentioning that many dogs will pick up on the presence of the treat bag and only respond to cues when it is there (a lack of generalisation, or too intelligent for their own good, knowing that they won't get rewarded?) and so it is a better idea to put treats in pockets (or a little bag that will also hold a ball, phone and poo bags) so that they're not obviously available - then the dog learns to respond regardless of the treat bag.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
I have a Clix treatbag too. Am happy with it, but it really bugs me being attached to me and ends up in my pocket!

Also, Takara is much more likely to guard the bag than my pocket so I tend not to wear it if I'm around loose dogs.

However - it is worth mentioning that many dogs will pick up on the presence of the treat bag and only respond to cues when it is there (a lack of generalisation, or too intelligent for their own good, knowing that they won't get rewarded?) and so it is a better idea to put treats in pockets (or a little bag that will also hold a ball, phone and poo bags) so that they're not obviously available - then the dog learns to respond regardless of the treat bag.
That's actually a very good point and one I've been wondering about recently. Woody is becoming a real little 'what's in it for me' dog lately.

Anyway, you'll all be pleased to know that as a result of this thread I am converted and will try the treats and poo bags (I used to put them in the zip bit of my treat bag) in the pocket thing.

If that doesn't work I'm getting this, because it looks way cool ;o)

Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Pockets!! Every single coat i own has dog biscuits in the pockets - quite embarassing if i meet a supplier at work and go to hand a business card but instead produce a bonio!!

If i'm not wearing a coat to go out then i use my jean pockets but make sure anything put in them won't melt or go soft and gooey so those occasions are biscuit treats only!

I'm for pockets too - can be a bit of a pain when they aren't emptied & go through the washing machine - though Tilly would still eat them!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >