View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2009, 11:26 AM
There's been a burst of very young (although not puppies as such) GSDs and GSDXs. They're everywhere.

Until about a month a go there was one who I saw occasionally if I walked mine at around 4pm but recently it's been too hot to do that so I've taken them out a bit later.

They're always on a lead though - which to be fair so are mine when we're walking along the street where there's traffic. But I've not seen even one of these "new" dogs in the local parks at all. Shame really - would be lovely for my lot to have some more playmates!

Laura xx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Odd really I thought that the other day I rarely see BT's anywhere but now I see quite a few....out and about same as Akita's and SharPei's they seem to have increased too.
Also a fair few of what appear at a distance to be American bulldogs...Lord help me....all of them held by people who do not seem capable of holding a sparrow let alone a dog of that strength.
Still the biggest number of anything I see is Staffs.... but they are not KC reg I would not think or even full Staffs in some caes seems the crosses have overtaken the "real thing" maybe "they" whoever they are has realised the breed is not what they want.....God help us.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2009, 12:42 PM
I know what you all mean about silly season, I've had a puppy enquiry from a man who has a dog and needs a bitch to put him to as no one wants to use him at stud. My reply was unprintable and needless to say he wont be getting a puppy from me.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2009, 01:27 PM
It's ok Dawn, someone wanted to use Maddy at stud this morning.

Never see weims round here, it's staffs and collies, I think everyone has saw Maddy out and about (not like you can miss us) and been well and truly put off, good good I say.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Here too Random, Staffs n Collies, but EBT are set to rise, the amount of folks I have heard saying they are breeding them is ridiculous, I feel so sorry for the dogs x
And why do people presume cause you have a boy and girl your automatically gonna breed, I was getting ready to go home from the brae the other night when this woman came over and asked if she could touch the dogs, I put Inky in the car and she cooed and awed at Toro and Mister saying I love this breed...then said, now Mister is castrated and you can see that, plus the fact hes not the best looking EBT on the planet, his whole wee monkey shape shouldv'e told her that...ooh are you gonna breed them, I had to bite my tongue, said a firm no, no way Toro is booked in to be spayed on the 18th and Mister is castrated ! Plus the fact EBT puppies ARE hard work and I didn't think if she had 10 pups I'd be able to find 10 responsible owners, annnd Bullies in Need are over flowing with dogs needing homes, why would I want to, she wasn't very pleased but then I'm not the best for being diplomatic either lolllll, but I'm learning slowly because of Dogsey lolllll xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
It's ok Dawn, someone wanted to use Maddy at stud this morning.

Never see weims round here, it's staffs and collies, I think everyone has saw Maddy out and about (not like you can miss us) and been well and truly put off, good good I say.
Poor Maddy, how anyone could mistake her for a boy is beyond me, FAR too pretty!
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2009, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=JanieM;1752333]It's weimeraners(sp) here, I keep seeing them everywhere. QUOTE]

Quite a few round here too, and none of the owners look like they have a clue!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2