Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cuddles71
New Member!
Female 

30-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I am so sorry to hear your news, I lost Moet to liver cancer Jan 2007.

The vet put him on a Hepatic diet (which he didn't like) and he was given Frusemide 20 mg twice a day and then Medrone 4 mg twice a day (both of these are tablets), we just let him eat what he wanted or would eat. Your vet is the best person to advise you.

I am sorry I can't offer any practical help, but my thoughts are with you.
hi
Thanks everyone for your warm,thoughtful messages.
Moetmum i hope you dont mind me asking but how long did Moet live after he was diagnosed? Tessa isnt in pain,shes just very weak,lost huge amount of weight,no appetite and when she sleeps shes heavily breathing. We let her eat what she wants now because Samylin and other meds vet give us she wont touch.She does a lot of sleeping but then she she has short spurts of energy when she wants to play.She vomits and has diarrhea mainly thru the night & early morning.
We are hoping she will pass away naturally as she is scared to death of vets.I hope she wont suffer- the vets said her prognosis isnt good. We are devestated because she was such a bubbly,happy fit dog.Each day we dont know if she will get worse,-just dont know what to expect. We didnt do a ultrasound,we dont want to put her under any more stress. She had a benign leg lump removed 2 mths ago,then stitches fell apart then had to have it done again.
Thanks guys-sharing my story eases the pain for me and helps me understand.you Hope all your doggies are keeping well.
Take care
cuddles 71.xxxxxxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by cuddles71 View Post
hi
Thanks everyone for your warm,thoughtful messages.
Moetmum i hope you dont mind me asking but how long did Moet live after he was diagnosed? Tessa isnt in pain,shes just very weak,lost huge amount of weight,no appetite and when she sleeps shes heavily breathing. We let her eat what she wants now because Samylin and other meds vet give us she wont touch.She does a lot of sleeping but then she she has short spurts of energy when she wants to play.She vomits and has diarrhea mainly thru the night & early morning.
We are hoping she will pass away naturally as she is scared to death of vets.I hope she wont suffer- the vets said her prognosis isnt good. We are devestated because she was such a bubbly,happy fit dog.Each day we dont know if she will get worse,-just dont know what to expect. We didnt do a ultrasound,we dont want to put her under any more stress. She had a benign leg lump removed 2 mths ago,then stitches fell apart then had to have it done again.
Thanks guys-sharing my story eases the pain for me and helps me understand.you Hope all your doggies are keeping well.
Take care
cuddles 71.xxxxxxxxxx
poor,girl was she on steroids when she had the surgery? if so this is why the wound broke down
it doesnt sound like she is very happy at the mo(i know only you can judge that)re her breathing,has she had her chest x-rayed?if she has metastisis on her chest,im afraid it is quite advanced.please i know its hard,but think of her quality of life,its not very often(altough it does happen occasionaly)that a dog with cancer 'just drifts away' in their sleep.there are other complecations that could lead to a crisis point.i dont mean to sound horrible or gloomy,but sometimes you have to make the horrible decision for your dog and their dignity
take care.x
cuddles71
New Member!
Female 

30-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
im sorry about your news
without knowing your dogs results and medication it is hard to advise,but,there are various ways to manage it.on the non medication side your dog is prob on hepatic food,right? also available from your vet is 'doxion' it is like an antioxidant for the liver,it helps scavage the 'free radicals' we have had really good results!(pre and bost blood tests have proved this) it will not interfere with any medication and is defo woth a try.
i hope this helps?
woo-woos to you both.x
hi ya- doxion looks promising-anything thats mixed in with food or water she wont eat. Vet told us to stay away from meat and give her carbohydrates.To be honest we are happy whatever Tess eats as she is skin and bone now.Blood tests show liver/pancreas damage,sorry im not specific.my hubby didnt want ultrasound,as she gets very stressed at vet &they said to make sure shes comfortable and results were not good.
Thanks so much
cuddles71
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 09:54 PM
big hugs to you and your baby. it sounds like you are doing the best for her and that is the best for her. x
Bucksmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:15 PM
A friendly hello from a familiar face x just giving this a little bump to keep you at top of page x hope lovely Tess is comfortable tonight and enjoyed her rice pudding

Ali xxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Bucksmum View Post
A friendly hello from a familiar face x just giving this a little bump to keep you at top of page x hope lovely Tess is comfortable tonight and enjoyed her rice pudding

Ali xxxx
rice pudding? with milk? if she has d+ this will not help at all
am i helping or hindering? i seem to be the voice of doom
i dont mean to be.x
cuddles71
New Member!
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi
When she is being sick &weary we think this is it-but by the afternoon she perks up,wags her tail and wants to play but for a very short time then she wants to sleep. She still gets excited when she initially sees friends and family but then she remains quiet &goes to sleep. Tess is a well known football player in r neighbourhood!!She loves life so much-especially the beach,people,eating.swimming.
Her wound broke open because there wasnt much flesh there 2 start of with. Putting her through all that,havin 2 anaesthetics within a day,especially when shes petrified was heartbreaking but we thought it was worth having it done if there was possibility it was malignant which thankfully it wasnt.It healed well .She has alot of lumps which bullies are well known for.Vets checked her over then.she only wants to go out if shes going in the car or just out for a wee.Vets are aware of her symptoms &said when we are ready they will come to the house because it would be less traumatic. I still want ultrasound,my hubby dosent because they have already said its a matter of time & isnt worth the stress it would put her through.They gave us kidney,liver support supplements to mix in with food but she wouldnt any of it. Today shes eaten small portions of fish fingers,icecream,rice pudding. Refused anything else.Drinking lots of water though.
When our last bully passed away-we knew when it was time.I asked for steroids which could improve her appetite but vets said it wouldnt make much difference & bec of side effects.
Think we are clutching at straws at the minute,
thanks so much guys
cuddles71
Bucksmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
rice pudding? with milk? if she has d+ this will not help at all
am i helping or hindering? i seem to be the voice of doom
i dont mean to be.x
I'm sure your advice is correct and very welcome,i just feel that lovely Tess maybe should enjoy anything and everything that is going to make her happy.No offence intended xxxx
cuddles71
New Member!
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Bucksmum View Post

Ali xxxx
hi ya,god what a small world. i joined this forum today with it being more for dogs.
I was a bit apprehensive to go through my story again,i think im trying to make myself feel better talking about it & looking for answers. Tomorrows another day!
Hope your okay.
lisaxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by cuddles71 View Post
Hi
When she is being sick &weary we think this is it-but by the afternoon she perks up,wags her tail and wants to play but for a very short time then she wants to sleep. She still gets excited when she initially sees friends and family but then she remains quiet &goes to sleep. Tess is a well known football player in r neighbourhood!!She loves life so much-especially the beach,people,eating.swimming.
Her wound broke open because there wasnt much flesh there 2 start of with. Putting her through all that,havin 2 anaesthetics within a day,especially when shes petrified was heartbreaking but we thought it was worth having it done if there was possibility it was malignant which thankfully it wasnt.It healed well .She has alot of lumps which bullies are well known for.Vets checked her over then.she only wants to go out if shes going in the car or just out for a wee.Vets are aware of her symptoms &said when we are ready they will come to the house because it would be less traumatic. I still want ultrasound,my hubby dosent because they have already said its a matter of time & isnt worth the stress it would put her through.They gave us kidney,liver support supplements to mix in with food but she wouldnt any of it. Today shes eaten small portions of fish fingers,icecream,rice pudding. Refused anything else.Drinking lots of water though.
When our last bully passed away-we knew when it was time.I asked for steroids which could improve her appetite but vets said it wouldnt make much difference & bec of side effects.
Think we are clutching at straws at the minute,
thanks so much guys
cuddles71
oh hun
i think you know its only a matter of time,you dont need me to tell you,but,try to make the most of it.i agree about the steroids not making much difference now(although,if its a matter of making her comfortable side effects at this stage isnt an issue,so tad confussed about that)also ultrasounds are not stressfull,but it will not give you anymore answers at this stage,so,imho i wouldnt.re the food things,i guess its give her what makes her happy,but ice cream and milk will not help her,she will have belly ache to deal with as well,also d+ can make her unsteady on her back legs(not needed if she is weak)
take care.xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >