View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 06:33 AM
My son was due the 29th June and arrived on 10th July. He was fine though, just a little jaundiced but they sorted that out. My daughter was a couple of weeks early, but she was a planned c section though. Don't worry, you're not far over, but I remember the waiting - it's awful isn't it? Good luck with the birth, hope all goes smoothly for you.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 06:57 AM
I think they let you go about two weeks over these days so no worries there yet. My second was a lotceadiercthan the first and thecthird easier still. Gas and air and somevpethidin here apart from the first when I was drop induced duecti ore eclampsia.

The best tip anyone gave me was toview every contraction pain as something positive. Like a wave, work through each one,not fight it. Every pain isbone step closer to holding your new baby.it really helped.

Good luck and I know it is awful waiting, my son was the latest, he will come when the time us right.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Fudgeley, I think your keyboard was having a 'moment' there
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 08:14 AM
my first was 8 days late. my 2nd was 2 weeks last. my 3rd was a few days early. (nice n easy he was) my last was 5 days late. but cause she was laying wrong. my cervix was at the back of her head, so she wasnt going anywhere. so when she did move. it was all systems go. and she had taken 3 days to arrive.!!! but im pretty sure now a days the hospital staff will help.but saying that, i had her at 5-20 am and was home at 11-30 same morning. up n about. no stitches. now pain relief. i used meditation that time.
and i can remember having her even now.was a joy.
good luck with your up n coming delivery. a nice hot curry and later on some pure orange juice. and your know when your going to go into labour. when u get the energy burst. i walked miles lol another time i washed all the doors down. thats when i found out my ex had put emulsion on the doors instead of gloss lol
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Aw i know you probably feel fed up! My first was two weeks late and i was the size of a house as she was back to front!! (actually back to back really cos thats the wrong way if you see what i mean)!.

I had to be induced, and have to say it was the worst experience of my life! Not being induced but the birth was very traumatic!!
Youve done it all before tho so you will sail through, good luck hun, cant wait to hear of baby news
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I have been very luck, my first was for days early, labour was 9 hours I had just gas and air and he was born in a birthing pool. My waters broke at home, got to the midwife unit and was 5 cm dilated.

My 2nd was 2 weeks early, lasted 3 hours again just gas and air and mostly birthing pool. Till he got stuck lol. Then I was dragged out with my knees where you wouldn't believe they could reach ;o).....9lb 8 oz at 2 weeks early, thanks god I didn't go full term lol. All was ok. No stitches either

Get some pineapple juice xx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Both mine where early, one 4 wks and one a couple of days.

The will not be rushed, he must be very comfy in there

Good luck
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh don't worry, he'll come when he's ready

Davie was two weeks early, I had just finished work on the Thursday, waters broke at 1am on Saturday morning. Davie was lazy though, didn't arrive till Monday afternoon!
SamRottLabb
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Thank you all so much for your replies! Love hearing the stories of different experiences - it really helped put me at ease

After about 1hr of starting this thread I started having light contractions

I went to bed - didn't sleep a wink mind as they got stronger! - got up at 6am and had a bath, put my face on (I looked like i'd been to hell and back after having my first so determined to look half decent this time ) and by this point they were coming 5 mins apart. I waited about another 2 hours until 1pm and they were coming at 3mins apart and couldn't stand the pain any longer so at 1.15pm we set off to the hospital, got there at 1.30pm and had him at 2.07pm!!!!! I was 9cm dialated when I got to the hospital!!!

Anyhow he was born 29th July 2009 @ 14.07 weighing 8lbs 4oz!

We have named him Callum Lewis

All is going well - he's a VERY good little eater!!! Defo takes after his dad!!!

Will put up some pics soon!

Thanks again all for your well wishes xXx
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 08:16 AM
congratulations and well done xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >