View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Crikey - that must have been a fright to hear.
Hope the bite to Brucie heals well xx
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Hi Hun,

I'm glad the dogs are okay, I too would imagine it was a fox babe . . after your chickens most probably.

x x x x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Blimey Steph, you see it all round your way dont ya!

I reckon a fox, what with the chickens and surely you would have heard it if it was a cat and I wouldnt have thought a cat would have left bite marks on a dog, scratches yes.

Glad the dogs are ok xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Good point VV, no scratches on dogs at all.

Can not find anything this morning except a ripped open black bag of garden rubbish, and my clematis is broken in places on the back fence.

Patrick made me laugh this morning he said ''I reckon it was a rat''

God I hope I'm not around if a rat ''that size'' is knocking about

Looks like we'll never know , but yes both dogs are fine.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 08:19 AM
There's never a dull moment by you mate Whatever it was it must have been big for those two to cause such a racket like that!!!!

Glad that Skye and Bruce are ok though, hope it wasn't a rat mate, bloody hell...imagine the size of the bu**er if it was ...Na!!! more likely a cat.

Elaine xxx

ETA: if it was a fox I don't think there would have been any damage to your garden, there quite agile aren't they? A cat would most probs scrabble up your fence and break the clematis...surely...either way, better a cat or fox...than a rat eh!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
There's never a dull moment by you mate Whatever it was it must have been big for those two to cause such a racket like that!!!!

Glad that Skye and Bruce are ok though, hope it wasn't a rat mate, bloody hell...imagine the size of the bu**er if it was ...Na!!! more likely a cat.

Elaine xxx

ETA: if it was a fox I don't think there would have been any damage to your garden, there quite agile aren't they? A cat would most probs scrabble up your fence and break the clematis...surely...either way, better a cat or fox...than a rat eh!

A rat that size.......don't bear thinking about

Don't know what it was, it woke FS up anyway as he asked about it this morning. Right ding-dong whatever it was. Never heard such a noise from mine
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Blimey Steph, you see it all round your way dont ya!

I reckon a fox, what with the chickens and surely you would have heard it if it was a cat and I wouldnt have thought a cat would have left bite marks on a dog, scratches yes.

Glad the dogs are ok xxx
you havnt met our surgery cat (or my old boy,rip)
glad the 'ounds and chooks are ok this am .x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Glad the dogs are ok Steph... I'd be surprised if he'd been bitten by a fox - they don't usually fight back and actually tend to be pretty good at fleeing the scene before the dogs even get to them. I know if we'd had one in our garden, it'd have run off as soon as it heard the door open.

Takara's chased a fox before - in the park, with full intention of playing with it but of course, the fox had other ideas and Takara was left disappointed
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Oh my, I missed this thread, although I wouldn't rule out a fox, I've seen my Diesel has had a fight with a fox, there was some people hunting up the track, the dogs were off lead, as they were in another field when a fox that must of been disturbed ran out in front of us, well Diesel is a dog that thinks that his entire purpose in life is to rid the world of foxes single handily and a fight pursuid, Diesel was only 6 months old, but was the size of the fox, and each gave as good as they got. Diesel had to go to the vets, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was a fox, as anything would defend itself
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 05:11 PM
glad it wasnt your dogs fighting each other, thats would be a scarier prospect for me!
happy to hear they're ok now, mustve been scary for them!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >