View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spikey
Dogsey Junior

19-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks,

I write here to know opinion from all of you, I'm not expert and I have to learn,

You think it would be a risk to have puppies from Nikita?

Even if the male is the opposite?

Bye

Alan
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2005, 12:33 PM
it would be a risk i wouldn't take as temperment is vital for breeding from any dog.
you have to think pups get their genes from the parents good/bad.
you could end up with ok pups but then you could also end up with all the litter having issues where their nature is concerned.
as nuch as you would like to breed from her if she has a issue with her nature i don't think many people will advise it.
just trying to help.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2005, 01:34 PM
I would strongly advise you not to breed from her, sorry if its not what ou want to hear, but its not a good idea atall sorry
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Alan there are a number of factors to think about here, it is not unknown for a very possessive bitch to kill her own puppies and even eat them...I have actually seen it happen with a bitch who was mated against best advice(not a bull breed )
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi Alan.

No my two don't stay together at night. They stay apart. They are 2 and 1/2 and 11 months.
They play and live together fine no problems, both perfactly happy they share things from the same bowl (from choice normaly) but they are fed their main meal in different rooms because they eat at different speeds the one who finishes first Sal then can't try to take the pups food. Its a case of being watchful and knowing and understanding YOUR own dogs. But I do not leave them alone at night or if we go out, they are in seperate rooms with doors closed.

If your dog can open the door with the handle change to knobs

These are my two sharing a treat of ice cream from the same bowl disagreements over treats are not allowed and they know it

Karen
spikey
Dogsey Junior

20-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Hi again,

I would like to say that Nikita it's not aggressive all the time, she's not dominant for everything, she just always wants to play.

I'm very carefull about my dogs and maybe in the last weeks she's a little bit more quiet, maybe you're right about the breeding but I don't think she could eat the puppies, she's very sweet.

My dogs too eat in different rooms, they always did even when I had 4 dogs.

Thank you all for your opinion, I really appreciate your help.

Bye

Alan
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi i really hope that you can sort everything out with your bitch, must be pretty tough
Louise2
New Member!
Female 

20-05-2005, 12:07 PM
I agree that it would be useful to get into training with your dogs. Either obedience or agility or something where you can channel their energy so both you and they enjoy themselves.

Also have your dogs lived together since birth or was one brought in at a late stage (other than 8 weeks)? This could be a factor to look at.

I would just like to add that i have 4 staffies - 2 dogs and 2 bitches. They all get on great togeher and they all sleep in the kitchen together. My dogs were all brought into the home as pups and care was taken when doing this.... bringing in a maturing or adult dog is a different story.

It is possible for staffs to live in harmoney - Be careful of the signals you are sending your dog.
spikey
Dogsey Junior

20-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Tomorrow I start again obedience training with Nikita,

She did 6 lessons but now it's 1 month the training stopped because the trainer had a problem, we had a flood last month...

I have Nikita since she was 4 months, usually I took my dogs before, Spike was 2 months old but this time I wasn't so lucky...

They live and sleep together, and I think they love each other, I never seen serious aggression or threat, maybe I'm a little anxious.

For Louise2: but your 4 dogs never fights? When you're not at home they stay together?

Thanks.

Alan
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 03:06 PM
i have a bitch and a boy pup staffie alan! and bessie tells him what to do alot! my dogs are never left alone! because we have a lurcher male and borris and beanie can arugue never turned in to a fight but we never leave them alone together because of the risk!

hope the training helps!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >