View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Awww Boody hell, can you borrow some money from someone until he gets in?
Elaine xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 04:07 PM
OOOPS Bens appt is 5 o clock TOMORROW!!! Think I have to apologise to OH for being a wally! So Ben is going to vets at 5 pm tomorrow! I don'tfinish till 5 so won't be able to go - I don't think I am cut out for any kind of job that requires planning!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Not blonde are you?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Aww...I was going to suggest popping into the vets to pay tomorrow.

Most Vets are fine with this...especially when they know you
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Benzmum-one of my previous black labs. Brandi used to have acupuncture regularly for a spinal injury (discs) and for osteoarthritis. It worked brilliantly for her-it was a last resort as she was getting to the point of not being able to walk too far and also she wasn't able to have pain relief as she was allergic to most medication. It took a short while before she showed any improvement, but then amazingly she started to walk with ease and for longer of periods of time until we got to the point of resuming our normal walks. We continued with acupuncture until I had to have her pts due to other medical problems. I really hope it works as well for Ben as it did for Brandi-good luck and fingers crossed
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

07-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Aw Lynne - at least you will have enough tomorrow!! I am sure though that the vet would have understood your plight and waited for the money!! Mine does when I get Loki's monthly meds from him - if I am short, he will wait until money goes into the bank!

However, hope tomorrow's appointment goes well for you.

Hugs to Ben from me and doggy kisses from Loki.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Aw Lynne - at least you will have enough tomorrow!! I am sure though that the vet would have understood your plight and waited for the money!! Mine does when I get Loki's monthly meds from him - if I am short, he will wait until money goes into the bank!

However, hope tomorrow's appointment goes well for you.

Hugs to Ben from me and doggy kisses from Loki.
i hope all goes well
your vet will be fine about the £ (we would be)
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Can't tell you anything about accupuncture Lynne, not tried that with Gels, hope it works for Ben though. We've just decided (or the physio & hydrotherapist have) to stop the hydro treadmill as Gels panics and forgets to keep walking....numpty. They say she's not doing too bad just by the physio and the walks that we do with her. She still is having trouble when she is tired knowing where her back legs are, but nowhere near as bad as before. It is now coming up for 18 weeks since her op so I think you'll just have to grit your teeth and be patient for quite a while yet lol.
Best wishes.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-07-2009, 10:05 PM
HAs anyone else used accupuncture for their dog and if so what were the results.
Hi Lynne Ben is doing remarkably well, I would certainly persevere with the hydrotherapy .

I have never had acupuncture on a dog only humans. I understand the reasoning behind it (unlike some complimentary medicine it makes logical sense and so I was prepared to give it a try).
I took my late husband to an acupuncturist who trained for 10 years in China, we went for months and it did nothing at all to help his pain .
I recently went for sessions myself on my hand and was warned the problem could get worse and it did. I think the woman stuck a needle in a nerve, I had difficulty driving after one session ,the pain was so bad . I stopped going after that .

I hope Ben has more success than I did ..
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Merz View Post
Hi Benzmum-one of my previous black labs. Brandi used to have acupuncture regularly for a spinal injury (discs) and for osteoarthritis. It worked brilliantly for her-it was a last resort as she was getting to the point of not being able to walk too far and also she wasn't able to have pain relief as she was allergic to most medication. It took a short while before she showed any improvement, but then amazingly she started to walk with ease and for longer of periods of time until we got to the point of resuming our normal walks. We continued with acupuncture until I had to have her pts due to other medical problems. I really hope it works as well for Ben as it did for Brandi-good luck and fingers crossed
Thank you that is encouraging especially as the problems are similar eg discs.

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i hope all goes well
your vet will be fine about the £ (we would be)
Will post tonight after session - the vet said that on the phone when I tried to explain I needed to cancel an appt that I didn't have I've never had to ask before but there are huge signs up saying thatall treatment must be paid for at the time but she said there wouldn't have been a problem

Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Can't tell you anything about accupuncture Lynne, not tried that with Gels, hope it works for Ben though. We've just decided (or the physio & hydrotherapist have) to stop the hydro treadmill as Gels panics and forgets to keep walking....numpty. They say she's not doing too bad just by the physio and the walks that we do with her. She still is having trouble when she is tired knowing where her back legs are, but nowhere near as bad as before. It is now coming up for 18 weeks since her op so I think you'll just have to grit your teeth and be patient for quite a while yet lol.
Best wishes.
Aw poor Gels. Ben has never used the treadmill, he does free swimming, I can't imagine he would like the treadmill much think he would panic too. I think its frustrating just now, as I don't know aboutGels but Ben is now trying to run everywhere and he can't and I am concerned he'll hurt himself, I have got him a harness for walks as he was trying to run and pulling on his neck which was ditrsessing me, so we are working hard on "calm" but its like he has suddenly trying to do so much (I don't know maybe all the swelling etc and excess fluid has now gone down)

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Lynne Ben is doing remarkably well, I would certainly persevere with the hydrotherapy .

I have never had acupuncture on a dog only humans. I understand the reasoning behind it (unlike some complimentary medicine it makes logical sense and so I was prepared to give it a try).
I took my late husband to an acupuncturist who trained for 10 years in China, we went for months and it did nothing at all to help his pain .
I recently went for sessions myself on my hand and was warned the problem could get worse and it did. I think the woman stuck a needle in a nerve, I had difficulty driving after one session ,the pain was so bad . I stopped going after that .

I hope Ben has more success than I did ..
Mini - I totally agree Ican sort of understand the "science" behind accupuncture. We are definitely going to keep the Hydro going as he enjoys it and it is helping with the muscle tone (definitely) Sorry to hear your hand and your late husband had no joy with Accupunctuure. I guess ifthere is something in it it depends, like others have said, on the ability and expertise of the practitioner and I suppose to some degree the susceptibility (if thats the right word) of the patient. I was reassured that they took time to speak to me in detail and also that she said she would "know" if it would help or not and wouldn't book further sessions if she felt itwouldn't - though I guess she could say that regardless

Tupacs 2 legs I googled muscle dog and will ask my own vet about it in combination with the hydro. We don't get Physio except for the exercises I was given by the vet hospital butapart from the massgae they are mostly redundant now as it was to encourage sensation and movement range eg tickling paws and making circular movement with his rear legs.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >