Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Berger;1715776]
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post

Ah Elaine thank a million for the offer but they have it at my local library which is where I saw it.

Thanks for all the replies I have seen some of these titles i.e The Kite Runner and Thousand Splendid Suns but I think they are a little too heavy for my taste. I like sad but not that sad

Thanks again keep the suggestions coming xx
Try Slumdog then.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 03:00 PM
I recently read and thoroughly enjoyed "Lisey's Story" by Stephen King - the man has such an imagination, and it's one of his better books.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 03:15 PM
House at Riverton and Slumdog were absolutely brilliant books.
Recently re-read Blackberry Wine by Joanne Harris and thoroughly enjoyed that again.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 04:13 PM
The best one I`ve read recently is A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin. It`s quite dark, but sweeps you along into an alternate London.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 04:23 PM
You could also try The Forgotten Garden also by Kate Morton, if fact I enjoyed this one better that Riverton

Elaine xx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
You could also try The Forgotten Garden also by Kate Morton, if fact I enjoyed this one better that Riverton

Elaine xx
Ooooh I'll have a look for that one too. Thanks guys
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 06:02 PM
I would definitely give Martina Cole's - The Take a go. We're watching it on Sky and it's really good.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi - depends what type of books you like really - i read a lot of historical books fiction and non-fiction but i really like Philippa Gregory and Alison Weir and a bit more serious Antonia Fraser.

Changing tack slightly i've just read Roger Moores autobiography "My Word is my Bond" and its hilarious, it made me laugh out loud. I fancy reading David Nivens "The Moons a Balloon" - thats supposed to be amusing as well.

I like a lot of the classics as well, i read the Hobbit a while back and i have a copy of The Wind in the Willows from when i was young that i go back to every now and then.

I need to go to the library as i'm not reading anything at the moment and i'm missing it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2