register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ozzy_AmericanBulldog
Dogsey Junior

04-07-2004, 08:43 PM

mine is of course American Bulldogs. They are loving, loyal, brave, great to cuddle, they are great with kids, atleast when i am alone in the house with my son i know we are safe and that they will protect us, they are such characters, they are so funny at times, and they are intelligent.

Ozzy
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

04-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Got to be the Great Dane, great big soppy, slobbery dogs, next pugs, would love a black one.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 08:04 AM
mine has to be the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ............ I love all the colours thats why I have one of each my fav prob has to be the tri-colour I just love their gentle nature and those OH sooooo big eyes LOL
looby
Dogsey Junior

05-07-2004, 09:43 AM
mine has to be boxers, those cute eyes and wrinkles and the big kisses

:smt008

second choice would be between bullmastiff, bulldog or dogue de bordeuax(sp)

:smt026 :smt026
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I like the Bully type breeds... but bless my American Bulldog is lacking somewhat in the brain department ... or so he would like us to believe
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2004, 07:20 AM
As we researched breeds before adopting Luke, I'd have to say we picked a German Shepherd. However, having met and having the pleasure of working with most breeds and cross breeds, I really can't be so biased. They are ALL gorgeous and each have their own particular trete that you simply fall in love with. If it's down to looks and intelligence, I think I'd have to say the Belgian shepherd. If I want cuddles and love, then I'd have to say a Boxer or Bull Breed. oh this is really really hard, so I give up and will just say that I love them ALL :smt049 :smt049
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2004, 07:27 AM
mine are patterdale terriers,border collies,rotties and old english sheepdogs
(the oes is next on my list)
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Boxers, Boxers, and Boxers.

Why? The old Standard says it perfectly:

"The Boxer is renowned from olden days for his great love & faithfulness to his master and household, his alertness and fearless courage as defender and protector. The Boxer is docile but distrustful of strangers. He is bright and friendly in play but brave and determined when roused. His intelligence and willing tractability, his modesty and cleanliness make him a highly desirable family dog and cheerful companion. He is the soul of honesty and loyalty. He is never false or treacherous even in his old age."

...and you can't beat Boxer cuddles
rosie
New Member!

06-07-2004, 09:27 AM
I love scuffy terrier type dogs and just can't say no to them.
Also love my bichons they are just terriers in white curly coats.I hate to see them fluffed up like toys they are such fun loving clever little dogs and do not desevre to be made to look silly.
Mine are all clipped short and just the head a bit fluffy but as they love to swim and get muddy its just as well.
Their eyes are amazing jacki
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2004, 03:37 AM
My favorite breed of dog is the Siberian husky. I love cold weather and so arctic dogs fit my personality very well. Siberians are so beautiful. There are many, many gorgeous breeds in the world, but in my eyes, the Siberian's beauty could beat them all. I especially love Siberians because most have blue eyes. Both of mine do, anyways. Not many breeds have natural blue eyes like the Siberian husky. Such a wonderous sight to look into a husky's eyes.

Also, those fluffy tails! Who couldn't love that gentle sickle full of life and bounce? Tails don't seem very important on a dog, but on my girl Kieron, her tail is one of the things that makes her look so striking.

Last but of course not least, Siberians are wonderful friends. They will either run for miles with you or will sit at your feet and listen to the stories you tell. For me, I often go to both of my huskies to tell them what is bothering me, or even is something wonderful has happened and I am just so excited I have to tell someone, I tell them! They reall do listen.

I love many different breeds of dog, but for me, the Siberian husky will always be the breed for me.

-Tara
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >