View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 02:56 PM
It would mean a link to another forum, sorry. I`ll pm a link.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Oh I'm sooooooo pleased you told me that bit, and I hope they're happy and well cared for now just as they should have been before. Why does this go on in Ireland as bad as it is? Don't they have any laws over there about animal cruelty then??? If not, why not!!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:18 PM
ANVIL co-ordinates a lot of the stuff in Ireland and has an explanation of why this happens
here`s the link http://www.anvilireland.ie/fulcrum.html?ep=5

here is a quote from ANVIL which goes some way to explaining the problem:

Irish 'Pets' in Limbo! Irish government washes its' hands of responsibility for 'pet' animals.

The stark reality for 'pet' or companion animals in Ireland is, there is no ministerial or departmental responsibility for their welfare and protection. We have been informed by Minister Coughlan, " The position as regards my Department is that its statutory responsibility relates only to the welfare and protection of farmed animals and does not extend to animals kept as pets".
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Aww - I can't handle things like that - it's just unacceptable.
Poor thing.

If you want to PM me an address, I'd love to donate a few toys and hopefully cheer him up a bit!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:38 PM
just clicked on the link, and quite frankly was horrified by what I saw. The kitten with the horribly infected eyes was just awful. I just don't understand how people could let this happen. If you don't want your animal, you can always find someone who will take them.. There is just no excuse for abuse like this.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
Aww - I can't handle things like that - it's just unacceptable.
Poor thing.

If you want to PM me an address, I'd love to donate a few toys and hopefully cheer him up a bit!
That`s very kind - you can google Cottage Rescue which will take you to their home page. They`re based in Tipperary, Ireland.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2