View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 10:22 PM
My ankle one hurt the most but still never made me scream..just made me growl at the ta2 artist and grit my teeth..(I might have left nail marks in his sofa too LOL)
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Thats nice
I've got 4....different parts of different tattoos hurt....
My ankle KILLED
My thigh was quite bad near the top of my leg, it made my eyes water!
I have the top half of my back done - my neck and shoulders were the worst, and the bottom of my back (got a small one there) was the least painful!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Another word of warning......

...you can never have just one!

*I have six!*
Your so right.....I am having another done, designed it myself a P with a snake of a S shape

P for Pat
S for me
and snake because I was born in the year of the snake.

On my foot....yes pain....but I can cope
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi,

I was also 29 when I had mine done and my Mom went absolutely spare at me. I come from a home where my grandmother is head of the family. She chased me with a rolling pin when I showed her!

Anyway, here's mine - done in 2002!

I used to be a Police Officer with West Midlands Police and this is the force motif. The only difference is that I didn't have the blue ring around the pain picture with the words "West Midlands Police" on it. I thought that was a little tacky to go on the top of my arm. (I'd forgotten I had muscles like that back then. Wow! All gone flabby now though. )
The scroll underneath says "Forward in Unity" which is also part of it. The scroll at the very bottom was an addition I asked for and has my collar number "9316" on it.

Remember, they do fade so you may want to get it touched up at some point. If you have them done on a painful part of the body, then it will hurt to get it redone too. I'm too much of a coward - would love more but don't have the guts. Although this one took almost 2 hours straight and other than feeling as though I was going to pass out after about 15 minutes, I was fine.

It definitely needs a touch up though. All the yellow has gone and the red and blakc have faded terribly.

Laura xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Be warned, Sarah, the tops of the arms are relatively painless. The more flesh, the less pain. Nearer the bone (ankle etc) can be very painful.

Lovely tattoo

mum! do you have tattoos?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Another word of warning......

...you can never have just one!

*I have six!*
Yeah, I'm going to end up with a few I think

I'm glad I didn't discover it when I was younger cos I'd have been covered head to toe by now
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
mum! do you have tattoos?
Let's see some photos Vicki
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 07:26 AM
I waited until I was 37 lol! I went in to have 'just the one', 2 weeks later I had 3!
Becky
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Sorry to butt in again - what happens afterwards, should you be cleaning it in any special way? daughters appears to be going crusty & is raised is this normal?
She said it didn't hurt (inside of her wrist) and yet when she had the new cervical cancer vaccination the following day she said it was such agony she cried!
I can't go to the place where she had it done now as she keeps telling me different places - I could cheerfully throttle her.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 08:32 AM
If I were you I'd drag her around all the tattoo places until you find the right one! She should have been told to wash it gently each day and pat dry. Do not pick the scabs off!
Becky
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >