View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:19 AM
I have a friend who uses Karenswood leads for his GSD's he has some which he bought 10yrs ago and they are still good and in some ways even better as the leather is now so supple. He has been known to make a special trip to Crufts just to buy more!!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
they are great, worth spending that extra couple of pounds on, they last for years and years, I havent had one die on me yet x
I've just e-mailed for a quote on one of their leather half check collars. (essenj)

I have a really strong leather training lead, but I don't really like it as it is an inch thick one, so isn't as maluable as I want it to be..
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:43 AM
A friend of mine got me some leads from her home country Poland, they are fantastic, really strong leather, very pliable kind to hands and have great clips on them, they were £20 each, I am sure you can get the same somewhere in this country.

Mo
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
A friend of mine got me some leads from her home country Poland, they are fantastic, really strong leather, very pliable kind to hands and have great clips on them, they were £20 each, I am sure you can get the same somewhere in this country.

Mo
thats the bit I love, I hate the feel of man made leads, they make my skin crawl, im such a loon,.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:58 AM
lol shona, I have had so many leads i the past, and even good man made material always had me getting little splits (like paper cuts) on my fingers, these leather ones are wonderful, and even from day one very pliable, not having to be treated to soften them at all, they are designed like the police leads with many hooks along the lenghth the make them as long as you like,

Mo
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll do some searching ;o)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Again, Snugglepets do a brilliant extra wide, extra strong lead, with lots of stitching rows all down the length to ADD to it's strength! I've bought one and it's brilliant and cheap! Btw, what is that D clip on the part of a lead which you hold then, anyone know, coz this new lead has one of those and I'm beggered if I know what it's for??!
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 12:38 PM
I recently got a leather collar and lead from Hide and Collars and was pleased with the quality.
Best of all I like my 20 year old leather lead but I got it from a trainer who had her leads made up and I don't know where it came from. It needs a bit of stitching now because Tala has been playing tug with it but otherwise it is still going strong.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Pet Needs do nice leather stuff

http://www.pet-needs.co.uk/site/index.php

Will make it exactly how you want it!!!!

He also braids leads that we use in ob. they are fantastic

http://www.pet-needs.co.uk/site/imag...ures%20028.jpg
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Have to agree with Shona , you can beat a good strong leather lead.

I use the Dogmatic FULL NON-SLIP LEAD

Have had these for yrs, and they are still going strong even with the 2 strong boxers doing their best to break them..

They aslo do the training type.

http://www.dogmatic.org.uk/contents/en-uk/d8.html
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >