View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks Kirsty...seems to have a lot of fans Arden Grange doesn't it? Not many have said they feed Burns rather than AG, but a few have gone the other way, if you see what I mean.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Teagan and Fin are both on AG.
Teagan has been on it around 2 years....she generally has the large breed, but is on Senior at the moment, cos someone ordered it and didn't pick it up! I swapped straight away (didn't wean her off lrg breed) and she was fine.
Fin has been on it since about November. She was very skinny when I first met Steve, but since been on AG she's but on a nice bit of weight, and her coat is so shiney, the vet even commented how good she looks!
They both have nice solid poos!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Thanks Westie N...I do like Burns and my dogs have done well on it...I just have a concern with Cosmo. Don't get me wrong, he's in top condition...it's just what comes out the other end...
Funnily enough, that was my concern with Roxy when she was on Burns, which is why I changed her to AG. She was in fine condition, but like you was concerned about the other end!

I know this will sound weird, but I've found the darker the colour of the kibble, the better Roxy's poos are. The AG lamb and rice is a bit darker than Burns. Though her skin was slightly dry on the chicken and rice, but the lamb one is fine!

The above does not apply to Molly, her coat is much, much better on Burns than AG and what comes out the other end is fine!

Two completely different dogs, mind. Different needs and coat type etc.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys,the AG is looking like a good option, just been browsing their site too..very impressive section on rescue dogs which is nice to see.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm quite evangelical about AG lol! Please let us know how he gets on!
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I will do...it will be a couple of weeks before I start to change him, no point wasting the Burns we have left!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Fudge is a Burns dog. I love the different varieties and the fact you can mix their wet food in there as well . Lots of variety.Interestingly, it was when we took her off Burns that her skin problem started....getting back to normal now she is back on it.Her coat is always shiny and her poos are fine!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks Rach. Biff and Mo used to do really well on Burns, I am just not 100% happy with how Cosmo is on it...as I say he's in top condition...but his poos could better
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:22 PM
I talked to the Burn's nutritionist because Chip's poos seemed very soft. She said to feed less even although he wasn't overweight. I cut back a bit and problem solved His weight is perfect according to the vet, so surprising as it seems to me, less food hasn't made him lose weight.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
I talked to the Burn's nutritionist because Chip's poos seemed very soft. She said to feed less even although he wasn't overweight. I cut back a bit and problem solved His weight is perfect according to the vet, so surprising as it seems to me, less food hasn't made him lose weight.
I have tried cutting back...but it hasn't helped. He is, as I say, fine when he has the Naturediet as well...but not when it is just Burns on it's own, you'd think it would be the other way around wouldn't you?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >