Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Believe it or not yesterday when we went to Formby, he was hiding behind us to start with
Gosh you've had a busy weekend!!! Did you stay over?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 09:41 PM
http://www.tattonpark.org.uk/
This place has lovely grounds and the dogs are allowed offlead. They do have sheep in the summer months though and herds of deer (fallow and red) at other times, but whenever we have been there the deer have kept their distance.(You do have to be aware of them though we know someone who's dog was speared by one.....)
Just thought it may be another new place for you to visit at somepoint!!!!!! You can walk for a good couple of hours and it's quiet once you are in the grounds. By the car park there are toilets/cafe/shop etc etc...
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Gosh you've had a busy weekend!!! Did you stay over?
Very busy weekend lol. We got lost at Formby Point and were walking for nearly 4 hours lol.

I stayed at my Mum and Dad's which is near Ellesmere Port (nr Chester). I have had a fabulous weekend.

Tatton park sounds good from what you say there. I will go have a look, thank you for the suggestion
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
http://www.tattonpark.org.uk/
This place has lovely grounds and the dogs are allowed offlead. They do have sheep in the summer months though and herds of deer (fallow and red) at other times, but whenever we have been there the deer have kept their distance.(You do have to be aware of them though we know someone who's dog was speared by one.....)
Just thought it may be another new place for you to visit at somepoint!!!!!! You can walk for a good couple of hours and it's quiet once you are in the grounds. By the car park there are toilets/cafe/shop etc etc...
Ooooh it says this is only 70 mins from B'ham I think I might take a drive there one weekend.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Ooooh it says this is only 70 mins from B'ham I think I might take a drive there one weekend.
We went for the first time with dog in January (we did a kid visit a couple of years ago). We went togged up for Cosmo to be on a harness and longline, but the man on the gate said we could free run him as long as he didn't chase the dear. It's lovely...very muddy.... with a couple of meres but lovely!
Me and my son went on a deer feeding session in Feb half term which was fantastic. The rangers told us that some Welsh sheep come to holiday there in the summer (weird I know) I am not sure if they have free range or not though...it will be interesting.
They have loads of events on in the summer too so worth checking when you are coming that they don't have something mega on as it does get busy.
It's well worth it though, it's a lovely walk but has all the amenities you need, especially after a long journey!
Downside is the £4.50 car parking charge...but you can spend all day there and take a picnic.

Sorry...I've gone on. Just been so impressed with it.
Give us a yell if you go...Fudgeley lives close by and the plan is for me to meet Flatcoatdreams there on our next meet up so we could do a mega meet!!!! (Not that I'm sure I want everyone to find out about what a lovely place it is!!!! )
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I hope Jess would take form from what her Mom does and runs away from those scary deers lol (I'm not a fan of them. I'm a scaredy cat really)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 10:04 PM
The deer don't get that closee..they were attracted by the food from the rangers!

Each time we have gone wakling there (about 5 now since January...) there has been no sign of the deer on the walk,they steer clear. You just do need to be aware they could be lurking. The dog we know that was attacked was just sniffing a bush and bang..lone stag...dog almost died.
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-03-2009, 02:53 AM
Wow, nice pic's! Can't wait till my shepherd has leant recall so I can have him off lead like that!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Great pics - it looks like loads of fun was had by all
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Harry21 View Post
Wow, nice pic's! Can't wait till my shepherd has leant recall so I can have him off lead like that!
It took me nearly 15 months to get Jess to a standard where I felt comfotable letting her off lead, and all the hard work has really paid off. I used a tracking lead and that method worked amazingly with us
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >