View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Also fwiw, I have used a couple of netbooks and while ok the touchpad is to fiddlely for my liking.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
If the service are is not a 'hotspot' you would likely need to go for a mobile broadband service that one of the mobile companys offer, they supply you with the usb 'dongle' needed.
Thanks, I assume 'broadband' is now fully implemented on all the mobile networks
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Thanks, I assume 'broadband' is now fully implemented on all the mobile networks
It has the same coverage as a mobile phone, so some areas will be better than others. O2, t-mobile, 3, orange and vodaphone and virgin all offer a service.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks Stormey, that's a great help all of that

I wish I'd just bought it now when I first saw it last week, the HP Mini Note 2133 coz now you can't buy one for love nor money under £400!!! Currys have completely run out everywhere at their price of £219 (wonder why???!!! ) and although I've found some on the net they're almost £400!!! Just goes to show doesn't it, get it whilst it's going, and I usually do, and now I wish I had! Ho hum, just have to wait till I see them again now or the price comes down elsewhere

I might pop over to PC world tomorrow and see what they have, I really like these netbooks, just wish I'd bought it on a whim when I saw it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Right, decision made, I've researched and researched and researched again, turns out the Samsung Nc10 is THE best. The keyboard is to die for for a touch typist, battery life is the best at 6 hours or even 8, it's stylish, it's fast (boots up in 10 seconds!) You can type documents, do your piccies, e-mail, surf the net, Powerpoint, Excel, it's got the lot, it's quick, it doesn't have a dvd slot but then none of them do, but you can network to instal stuff, the price is good around £310 incl vat and it fits in your handbag or even your manbag! I like it, so I'm getting one. You tube has a video on it and all it's capabilities wtg! The reason behind this one is, Dave has blown up his lappy, mine's too big and bulky so I'll be selling that, and this we can both use!
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Top of the list here
http://www.eknik.co.uk/items.php?id=7668&adnew=true

£199.97 but no idea how reliable the website is, suggest check it out first.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2