View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

18-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Think most hotels / motels are doing the same, upping the price to discourage people from taking their dogs.

Some where we have stayed in the past no longer allow dogs and those that do are at the discretion of the Manager and cost has escalated in these the same as the Travel Lodges.

These were all part of the MacDonald group.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 07:10 AM
We regularly use Travel lodge and I am annoyed that they have done this without even informing us. They are quick enough to send e-mail to encourage you to book your room so they should inform you when they double the price for your dogs. The details are on their computers after all. I travel with two dogs.
cesky2000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:15 AM
At the risk of being unpopular, I have to say that when people write things such as "we took five in and only paid £20" and "I felt really bad because when we left the room was full of hair" it's hardly surprising that Travelodge have upped the price.

Like many exhibitors I regularly use Travelodges. I take 2 dogs who sleep in crates, aren't allowed on the beds, and I make sure that when I leave the room is spotless - because I don't want to give dog owners a bad name.

Seems that people like you have spoilt it for the rest of us.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:32 AM
My sister and BIL always use Travelodge, I think they will pay it as they never leave Ellie with anyone.

I had a brill holiday place in Scotland last year, a log cabin with it's own field for the dogs, we happily paid a extra £50 for the three dogs, on the day we left I got Pat to take the dogs on a 4 mile walk whilst I cleaned from top to bottom.
A week later the owner sent me the £50 back with a lovely letter about how clean the place was........will be going again this year too.
CloClo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Oh god please please don't say this applies to any already pre-booked rooms. We booked months in advance, so we could break up a long journey (so Tee-J is fine for his CaniX), and so there will be a room (it will be Easter weekend).
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by cesky2000 View Post
At the risk of being unpopular, I have to say that when people write things such as "we took five in and only paid £20" and "I felt really bad because when we left the room was full of hair" it's hardly surprising that Travelodge have upped the price.

Like many exhibitors I regularly use Travelodges. I take 2 dogs who sleep in crates, aren't allowed on the beds, and I make sure that when I leave the room is spotless - because I don't want to give dog owners a bad name.

Theres no need to take that attitude at all! We ASKED first if we could take the number of dogs we had, and we had the £50 in our hands to pay for them! the manager told us it wasn't neccessary as £20 would more than cover the cleaning costs!

Three of the dogs slept in crates and two on their own beds on the floor! So I resent your comment that we have spoilt it for other people, we've been using travel lodges for years with all our dogs and never had a problem!

People with rotten attitudes however, spoil things for everyone
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by cesky2000 View Post

errr- actually the manager saw my dogs and saw that one of them is long haired and allowed me to have the room without any problem- yes the room was full of hair after i left- as would be expected from my breed but it does not mean i didnt try and get the excess off- please tell me how i am meant to rid a HOTEL room of hair? are you saying that only short haired/non moulting dogs should be allowed in there?
cesky2000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Apologies - but your post didn't say that you had permission to take five dogs in your room. Rather, it read that you had sneaked them in and were rather proud of yourself for doing so. Again, apologies if I misunderstood.
cesky2000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2009, 06:30 PM
actually the manager saw my dogs and saw that one of them is long haired and allowed me to have the room without any problem- yes the room was full of hair after i left- as would be expected from my breed but it does not mean i didnt try and get the excess off- please tell me how i am meant to rid a HOTEL room of hair?
Surely even long-haired dogs don't leave a room 'full of hair' if they sleep in a crate or on their own bed?

Sorry if you are offended - I've seen it also from the other side, and I know how much mess uncaring dog owners can leave behind them. Perhaps it would be better if hotels did as many do in the US where there is a fairly hefty charge for having dogs in the room that is refundable if there is no serious cleaning up to do.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 06:45 PM
well he was not allowed on the bed and was crated, as he always is at night. But he was moulting at the time and wherever he walks or shakes he leaves white hair everywhere.
And implying that i am uncaring owner when you dont know me and have never met me is plain rude-its easy for you to be judgmental when you have a cesky
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >